Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've just brought my first item on ebay from someone in America. I've heard from friends that it's hassle-free, so hopefully, I will receive the item and that will be that. Does anyone else use ebay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil)
    I've heard from friends that it's hassle-free
    Be cautious, it's not always. People use feedback as a means of determining how reliable the seller is.

ReputationRep:
    I had to file a complaint on my last purchase, it never arrived, seller said it was shipped almost 4 weeks ago but would not give me the tracking number or send me a copy of the insurance reciept to proove it had been shipped. I just got my refund today,thankfully. For the most part you are protected as a buyer, there are claims that can be filed, as was my case, for non received merchandise. Most sellers want to avoid neg feedback and will reimburse at the first sign of a claim.
    Just out of curiosity... isn't the shipping fee high coming from over here?

ReputationRep:
    I use eBay I'm waiting for a book of poetry I won the other day to arrive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infinity)
    Just out of curiosity... isn't the shipping fee high coming from over here?
    Yes, it is higher. However, the product always seems to be sold cheaper over in the US, and with exchange rates etc, even by paying a higher postage and packing fee, the product total cost of purchase still works out cheaper. In my experience anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Caddie)
    Yes, it is higher. However, the product always seems to be sold cheaper over in the US, and with exchange rates etc, even by paying a higher postage and packing fee, the product total cost of purchase still works out cheaper. In my experience anyway.

I have used ebay for about a year now. It has been mostly good except from one guy:

I bought a pair of jeans of this guy, and lost 70 quid, they were evisu, and I never got them; I still dont know if he sent them. The dispute involved endless emails and he thought I should of been happy that I never got my jeans and accepted the maximum refund from royal mail, 28pounds. He sent me a cheque after I removed the negative feedback (it was the only way I was gona get any money, and it bounced). The lesson from this is that dont even trust seemingly 'respected ebayers' and when purchasing say items over £50 make sure its insured for postage.

ReputationRep:
    I've got an e-bay account, but i've never actually used it... Maybe i should.

ReputationRep:
    i've bought a few items on ebay now. most of the sellers are quite honest except one. i bought maroon 5 cd from this guy, never arrived and lies after lies! :mad: i had enough, left a nasty feedback and reported to ebay. ebay kicked his ass! never got my money back though. maybe i should have requested my money back to paypal before i ask ebay to ban him. well another lesson for your guys i guess.

ReputationRep:
    I've just brought my first item on ebay from someone in America. I've heard from friends that it's hassle-free, so hopefully, I will receive the item and that will be that. Does anyone else use ebay?
    Wow a brand new pencil, I am queen of the pencil.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    I've got an e-bay account, but i've never actually used it... Maybe i should.
    Maybe, u shoud.....if u wanted to buy or sell something...

The options are endless....:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    i bought a 128mb sony microvault from a guy on ebay. I came without the original package but was the real thing. A couple of the feedbacks were sayin that it was fake but the guy proved to everyone that they were real. I haven't gave him any feedback yet but i will. It was imported from japan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sm0273)
    Maybe, u shoud.....if u wanted to buy or sell something...

The options are endless....:rolleyes:
    Yes... i do know what e-bay actually does :rolleyes: .
    Its just that i've never quite been bothered to bid for stuff, thats all.

ReputationRep:
    I've bought loads without a problem. Some of the dvd's i've bought have been copies but they've been good quality. Boyf got a digital video camera from the states for half the price it is in this coutry o been pretty made up with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    Yes... i do know what e-bay actually does :rolleyes: .
    Its just that i've never quite been bothered to bid for stuff, thats all.

Ebay dosent do anything, its the people that make it happen

ReputationRep:
    Be careful what you're buying;apparently some of the designer clothes turn out to be fakes.I've heard about perfume and cosmetics being watered down too,but in my personal experience it's great!

ReputationRep:
    I sold my Keane tickets over ebay. Got 85 quid for them

ReputationRep:

EBAY RULES

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davie_Moyes)
    I sold my Keane tickets over ebay. Got 85 quid for them
    I'l let you all into a really big secret, dont tell anyone.

The biggest profit to be made on ebay is by buying and selling concert tickets, shhhh!

Seriously, buy 10 T in the park tickets if u can afford it and sell em for double the price easily.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, I use eBay. I collect Victorian and Edwardian photographs and books (geeky, huh? :p: ), so eBay's a great place to obtain them. I've also bought a really cool ring from there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sm0273)
    I'l let you all into a really big secret, dont tell anyone.

The biggest profit to be made on ebay is by buying and selling concert tickets, shhhh!

Seriously, buy 10 T in the park tickets if u can afford it and sell em for double the price easily.
    :cool:

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.