Want more information about this university?
Mty2302
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Recently got an offer from qmul. The conditions are AAA any chance of me getting in with a AAB? Is qmul lenient when it comes to grades?
ChickenPie67
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
definitely you’ll get in, 1 grade down is fine tbh, especially for QM, my mate got into the same course with ABC haha so you’re good, congrats
Queen Mary Student Ambassadors
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Mty2302)
Recently got an offer from qmul. The conditions are AAA any chance of me getting in with a AAB? Is qmul lenient when it comes to grades?
Hey Mty2302,

There's still definitely a possibility you can get in, especially considering that you might do better than predicted if these are predicted grades! That said, QMUL considers applications as a whole, meaning that your reference and personal statement is also very much valued in the process, not just your marks! You might also be eligible for a contextual admission, meaning your offer might be able to be lowered by a grade or two. The criteria for that can be found here: https://www.qmul.ac.uk/undergraduate...ed-admissions/! Overall, it's still definitely worth having applied and, so long as the rest of your application is decent, there's still a good chance you can get an offer!

Hope this is helpful
Mty2302
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Queen Mary Student Ambassadors)
Hey Mty2302,

There's still definitely a possibility you can get in, especially considering that you might do better than predicted if these are predicted grades! That said, QMUL considers applications as a whole, meaning that your reference and personal statement is also very much valued in the process, not just your marks! You might also be eligible for a contextual admission, meaning your offer might be able to be lowered by a grade or two. The criteria for that can be found here: https://www.qmul.ac.uk/undergraduate...ed-admissions/! Overall, it's still definitely worth having applied and, so long as the rest of your application is decent, there's still a good chance you can get an offer!

Hope this is helpful
Yh I already got an offer of AAA. With the whole contextual admissions thing, how does it work exactly? Do I have to apply for that? I already made QMUL my firm but yh AAA might not be doable for me so I was wondering if I could get in with AAB instead
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (62)
12.89%
Virtual campus tours/open days (112)
23.28%
Live streaming events (44)
9.15%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (46)
9.56%
A uni comparison tool (109)
22.66%
An in-person event when available (108)
22.45%