Why do guys give slow replies

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I’ve been talking to this guy on hinge for a bit and at first his replies were quite quick but now he’s been giving slow replies and he would apologise every time he replied saying sorry for the late reply, then after a couple of days he asks for my snap since he's rarely on the app, I give it too him and didn’t hear from for the day then I see hes been posting on insta (we followed each other on there beforehand) so I dm him one of vid, giving him a compliment and his replies were quick but for the past two days his replies having been so slow, didnt hear from him for a whole day till I messaged him,
Why ask for my socials sayings he rarely goes on hinge just to give slow replies
username5457326
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
maybe he's busy doing something else or lack of interest
Last edited by username5457326; 4 weeks ago
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I usually wait about 1 month to reply back to messages - mainly because I just forget about it and can't be bothered. Not really a big fan of social media either.
the_pharaoh
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’ve been talking to this guy on hinge for a bit and at first his replies were quite quick but now he’s been giving slow replies and he would apologise every time he replied saying sorry for the late reply, then after a couple of days he asks for my snap since he's rarely on the app, I give it too him and didn’t hear from for the day then I see hes been posting on insta (we followed each other on there beforehand) so I dm him one of vid, giving him a compliment and his replies were quick but for the past two days his replies having been so slow, didnt hear from him for a whole day till I messaged him,
Why ask for my socials sayings he rarely goes on hinge just to give slow replies
well because believe it or not we have other things to do also it depends on ur definition of slow cuz 1-2 hours aint rlly slow
Last edited by the_pharaoh; 4 weeks ago
Black Cat
Report 4 weeks ago
Lack of interest you're not really a high priority at the moment there's just no excuse considering that we are in the pandemic.
Gaddafi
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I find that I have a different definition of slow when it comes to women. I was actually surprised the first time a girl told me that I give slow replies. I always replied within 36 hours.
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Gaddafi)
I find that I have a different definition of slow when it comes to women. I was actually surprised the first time a girl told me that I give slow replies. I always replied within 36 hours.
Lol same - sometimes I think they just sit with their phones in hand all day expecting a response the instant they send one. Ain't got time for that.
Nialler x
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Final Fantasy)
Lol same - sometimes I think they just sit with their phones in hand all day expecting a response the instant they send one. Ain't got time for that.
Lmao you both must have a lot on your plate to be that busy :rofl:
Gaddafi
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Nialler x)
Or maybe you don't have enough on your plate?
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
My replies vary between 1 hour to 1 month - usually always reply on the weekends. Depends on the message really and how important it is. I work full-time during weekdays.
Nialler x
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Or maybe you don't have enough on your plate?
Oh trust me mate, I do have a lot on my plate but I still find time to respond :huff:
Nialler x
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
My replies vary between 1 hour to 1 month - usually always reply on the weekends. Depends on the message really and how important it is. I work full-time during weekdays.
Damn 1 month, that's loooooooong but yeah I see why you give slow replies :yep:
Gaddafi
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Igy. I typically reply within 2-7 days depending upon who/what it is. I one took a full year to reply to someone though :lol:
Gaddafi
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Oh trust me mate, I do have a lot on my plate but I still find time to respond :huff:
smh, I always respond (eventually lool)
CatGentleman
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It has nothing to do with sex, both sexes do this. Find someone who makes you happy.
Nialler x
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
smh, I always respond (eventually lool)
Yeah after like 5 years innit
HumbleBee_x
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
not just guys, i'm guilty of it too :pinch:
Zarek
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Delayed replies, from girls or guys, are pretty much a clear and universal sign of low interest. Sure there may be a bit of game playing but if you’re keen you’ll not delay too long
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (385)
52.67%
No (346)
47.33%

Watched Threads