Joelpp2002
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am currently in the process of applying to a criminology course and was wondering which is the better one out of these universities. Lancaster, Loughborough or Leicester?
mike23mike
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Joelpp2002)
I am currently in the process of applying to a criminology course and was wondering which is the better one out of these universities. Lancaster, Loughborough or Leicester?
according to the Guardian, Leceister is second-best in the country with Loughborough coming in 12th and Lancaster 18th.
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Which course do you prefer? Look at all the optional units for all three years of the degree at each Uni.
Look at the Campus Tours and Open Day films for each Uni on YouTube.
Then look at the YouTube tourist films for each city and think about the reality of living there for three years.
Abyoie_B
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’m studying law at UoL wouldn’t recommend the uni tbf student support crap even before Covid, not ethnically diverse this is obvious with the staff sadly. Not a good vibe.
Leicester itself is ok but the university and course not what I was expecting. Accommodation decent and not too pricey. Night life alright.
Loughborough Postgraduate Study
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Joelpp2002)
Hi Joelpp2002 :hello:

It's great that you're considering studying at Loughborough!

In terms of narrowing down your choices, there are a few things you may like to consider.

Firstly, in terms of the course, look carefully at the content of each, in terms of the finer details like the topics and modules that will be taught. Do they all sound interesting to you and would you enjoy studying them, and in particular, would you enjoy studying that course for its entire duration (3 years or more)? Also, does the course offer the placement year or study abroad option, if that's something you're considering?

You might also like to consider the University location, setup and facilities. At Loughborough, we have one of the UK's biggest single-site green campuses at 440 acres, with everything you need as a student in one place, with town centre just 15 minutes' walk away. We recently produced a campus tour video that you may like to watch. Alternatively, you might prefer being based in a city.

Similarly, look into the accommodation available - is it on or off campus, what facilities and support networks are available, and how do the costs compare?

In addition, you might like to look at the extra-curricular activities on offer at each university. Are there any specific hobbies / interests that you would like to continue or try at university, and does each university offer something for you? For example, what societies do they have and other student activities such as volunteering, fundraising, media, sport, enterprise etc.

Furthermore, what support is available for you? If you will require any specific support at university, make sure you look into the provision at each institution, as well as the additional support services available, should you need them.

Ultimately, I would advise you to consider the complete package - what is important to you in a university and which best meets your specific needs, requirements and preferences, not just during your time there, but also for your future career aspirations?

I hope this helps!

All the best,
- Dan
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (598)
49.18%
No (618)
50.82%

Watched Threads