Feeling alone during lockdown

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Im not sure why Im writing this here and I doubt anyone will reply but Im really lost. Im in year 13 and I feel so alone. The last time I felt I had friends was in year 11 and even then I felt like an outsider. Now we're in another lockdown all I do is school work, eat and sleep and then they cycle continues and because I have nothing productive to so Im always thinking about how I have hardly anyone to do anything with. I have my boyfriend but we are in a long distance relationship, we facetime a lot but its so hard not being able to drive and see him. I've never been to a party and I'm scared I'm being left behind. I'm going to uni next year to do nursing so I hope that gives me a sense of purpose but right now I feel so alone.
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Well, maybe it's time to take up some new hobbies.
IBkidinthecorner
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Is there anything in particular that you’re interested in? Perhaps doing some artwork, exercising or singing would help. Try to find a new hobby or interest. I know this is a really stressful time for many and it’s really hard to make friends when you’re not gong to school physically, but maybe you could join a virtual study group or another online club that your school runs as it might help you to get to know your classmates.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Im not sure why Im writing this here and I doubt anyone will reply but Im really lost. Im in year 13 and I feel so alone. The last time I felt I had friends was in year 11 and even then I felt like an outsider. Now we're in another lockdown all I do is school work, eat and sleep and then they cycle continues and because I have nothing productive to so Im always thinking about how I have hardly anyone to do anything with. I have my boyfriend but we are in a long distance relationship, we facetime a lot but its so hard not being able to drive and see him. I've never been to a party and I'm scared I'm being left behind. I'm going to uni next year to do nursing so I hope that gives me a sense of purpose but right now I feel so alone.
maybe try penpalling? i found that it gave me some sort of purpose and it actually gave me something to do (make the letters look nice etc). i even got to learn about other peoples cultures. it made me feel less lonely and it gave me something different to do. however i know how you feel-i only feel fully content once i actually meet people in person dont worry bubba <3 you will get through this
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (110)
51.4%
No (104)
48.6%

Watched Threads