LN05
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I do not have a gcse in MFL and UCL requires it. However, they did say something like offering an additional language course for students who do not have one and want to get in. Is this true for every applicants who meet the requirements for the course but do not have a MFL? Will they overlook this if I have decent grades - (let’s say four 9s, three 8s and three 7s)

I speak another language a home (although it’s not modern so I can’t do the gcse for it). I want to take maths for uni. Thanks.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by LN05)
I do not have a gcse in MFL and UCL requires it. However, they did say something like offering an additional language course for students who do not have one and want to get in. Is this true for every applicants who meet the requirements for the course but do not have a MFL? Will they overlook this if I have decent grades - (let’s say four 9s, three 8s and three 7s)

I speak another language a home (although it’s not modern so I can’t do the gcse for it). I want to take maths for uni. Thanks.
Yes it is true that they give offers to people without a MFL at GCSE but will then expect you to take a short language course while at UCL
LN05
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by harrysbar)
Yes it is true that they give offers to people without a MFL at GCSE but will then expect you to take a short language course while at UCL
Thanks for the reply. Is it offered to all applicants without MFL or just some? Does the extra work load affect the student’s main course?
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by LN05)
Thanks for the reply. Is it offered to all applicants without MFL or just some? Does the extra work load affect the student’s main course?
I don't know the details of it I'm afraid, I just know that people in the past on the Law forum have been offered places at UCL without having a GCSE MFL, but have been told they will need to do a short course in first year alongside their degree.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you feel comfortable going back to school on March 8th?

Yes (374)
32.1%
No (791)
67.9%

Watched Threads