Living in uni campus for 1st year and commuting from home for the rest of uni

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
This is just a thought for now since I'm going to be starting uni this sept and I don't know if im able to get into this uni. I'm planning to live on campus for the first year so I can meet people and live at home and commute to uni for the next two years of my course. I'm just wondering if you would have to inform student finance if I plan to do this and would they lower the amount of maintenance loan.

Has anyone done this or know someone who has been in this situation? I only live an hour away from my uni so I can commute every day. I also want to be able to experience the "uni life" but I don't think I am financially capable to do that for 3 years.
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You have to re-apply for student finance every year anyway, so you would put "Living at home" for the following years. Yes the maintenance loan for living at home is lower.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (489)
51.97%
No (452)
48.03%

Watched Threads