My parents won’t let me go to school. What should I do?

Watch
ItzBoeing
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
My parents have taken away my computer. I have online school tomorrow, but the only other device I have is this old iphone, which won’t support Microsoft Teams.

Is it legal for my parents to do this? And what should I do?
thepunmaster.e
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What is their reason for taking away your computer? Unless it was extreme and depending on your age I would be contacting your school and saying that you have no way of doing your work.
glassalice
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
AFAIK yes, you legally have to participate in online school. It's treated the same as not attending school in person without good reason.
Your parents could face fines/ being taken to court.
Last edited by glassalice; 1 month ago
TazmeenX
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ItzBoeing)
My parents have taken away my computer. I have online school tomorrow, but the only other device I have is this old iphone, which won’t support Microsoft Teams.

damn what did you do? maybe email the school like someone else mentioned-the school should be able to help u in this however it does seem quite extreme that ur parents took away ur computer considering the fact that they know that thats the only way u can do school work
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ItzBoeing)

If you phone your school in the morning they may be able to lend you a laptap/tablet.
Kerzen
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Is there a possibility that they will give it back tomorrow morning before school starts?

What did they give as the reason for taking it?
Lomerton
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Did you do anything bad such as searching inappropriate content? Assuming not, then there isnt much reason behind it.

Try asking your parents why they took it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (598)
49.18%
No (618)
50.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed