Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Now just to clarify I know you need a caloric deficit and low body fat percentage to see them.

My rough estimate is that I am at around 17-20% and only have a couple of months left before I start upping my calories to maintain weight. However, would it be worth doing ab exercises to help with the definition once I get to a low enough bf percentage?

I know my best bet is compound lifts such as squatting and deadlifts but with gyms shut and stuck in uni halls, I don't have many options. So are these a waste of time in my position or not?
FTheOpps
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Abs aren't an indicator of strength you're better off eating a caloric surplus and lifting than tryna get abs **** abs
Anonymous #1
(Original post by FTheOpps)
Abs aren't an indicator of strength you're better off eating a caloric surplus and lifting than tryna get abs **** abs
Everyone has different goals, at the moment with the current state of lockdown it's just to get leaner. Once gyms are open I plan on getting bigger but having already bulked for the first 18 years of my life the last thing I need is a surplus as I've already been pretty chonky and would like to get leaner so the muscle I do gain once gyms are reopened and my calories are upped are more noticeable.
FTheOpps
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Everyone has different goals, at the moment with the current state of lockdown it's just to get leaner. Once gyms are open I plan on getting bigger but having already bulked for the first 18 years of my life the last thing I need is a surplus as I've already been pretty chonky and would like to get leaner so the muscle I do gain once gyms are reopened and my calories are upped are more noticeable.
All you need to do is keep eating at a deficit and a bodyweight routine you can get visible abs easily, two months is plenty of time you can lose up to 1kg a week
Anonymous #1
(Original post by FTheOpps)
All you need to do is keep eating at a deficit and a bodyweight routine you can get visible abs easily, two months is plenty of time you can lose up to 1kg a week
Ok thank you for the help, once gyms reopen and I have access to proper equipment that's when I will focus on getting bigger.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (242)
51.38%
No (229)
48.62%

Watched Threads