Liam-UoL
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Hi, I'm a first year undergraduate student and I'm struggling to see why a shift towards multi party politics in the uk has strengthened the case for electoral reform. To be honest electoral reform isn't my strong suit and any help would be appreciated.
Linaaa256
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 11 months ago
All I can think of is the first past the post system advantages majority parties so you can look at what systems would be fairer and less likely to create 2 party dominance.
Liam-UoL
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Thank you for your response, it’s a fairly tough question as I’m finding out but I’m gonna argue I’m favour of no electoral reform as really I don’t think there is a mandate for it and I don’t see how a more proportional system would benefit us as a country.
Catherine1973
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
It also produces more stable governments.ie one side generally clearly wins. They can then pass the legislation they want to.
Linaaa256
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
Yeh I agree I think the electoral system is fine as it is whilst I do like the idea of the additional member system practically FPTP is the best
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (63)
22.5%
Note taking apps (6)
2.14%
Flashcards (52)
18.57%
Revision guides (16)
5.71%
Past papers (132)
47.14%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (11)
3.93%

Watched Threads