Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey...does anyone know which self-catered flats are good?? I have no idea which ones to put down in the form!! *eek* :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Darrock court!! they are HUGE and nice! and have washing machines in the flat!!! and HUGE! lol not that i envy my friends living there atall! i live in robertsons close which is ok! and have some friends in kincaids court but darrock is the nicest ive been to. and its reallly central so its a hop to uni or a hop to the centre what more can you ask!

ReputationRep:
    thx for the suggestion!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eurasianfeline)
    thx for the suggestion!!
    you going for Edinburgh as your first choice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by platinumki)
    you going for Edinburgh as your first choice?
    possibly. i wanna see if i can visit the uni's and take a look first and then decide.

which one's ur first choice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eurasianfeline)
    possibly. i wanna see if i can visit the uni's and take a look first and then decide.

which one's ur first choice?
    oh, you should tell me ifyou come over - I live in Edinburgh. That's the downside you see. I know the Scottish ones are meant to be brilliant but they're a little close to home. I fancy Cambridge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by platinumki)
    oh, you should tell me ifyou come over - I live in Edinburgh. That's the downside you see. I know the Scottish ones are meant to be brilliant but they're a little close to home. I fancy Cambridge.
    haha everywhere is 10000000000000000 miles away from my home...so i'm gonna just choose based on the vet school...which one i'll get the best training out of so my vet will hire me when i come back to hk. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    i lived at Darroch Court for the few months that i was up there. When i go back in September i might go back to darroch, or might go for Pollock. Not sure yet :-s

But yeah Darroch Court flats are really nice! they are self catered. the flats are shared between 4 - 6 students, with single sex floors. so on floor one u'll get guys, second floor girls etc. its good! right beside the flats is the uni gym! thats a greeeeat PLUS point! bcoz students come from all over to use that and darroch students are so lucky to be right next to it!

the uni (george sq) is only about 7 min walk, the city centre is close by, old town is on the next street, the parliament is just behind darroch and the beautiful arthurs seat is viewable from the darroch windows! Well it was from my room! hehehe Maybe when applying you can request for a room where you can look out towards arthurs seat, lol ... y not eh?

all in all, darroch court would be my reccomendation to those wanting to apply for self catered flats! i had friends at kincaids court n robertsons close as well. they were good too! but darroch are the nicest, they are clean flats with a lil courtyard too. shopping faciities are close by, with tesco only a 10 min walk! So not to worry, put Darroch down and u wont regret! And u neva know, you may be seeing me there next year too! :-)

Hope i gave a good insight! Good luck to you all with ucas, interviews and exams! :-)

ReputationRep:
    What's it like being in self-catered flats in your first year? Because if Edinburgh give me an offer, it'll probably be my insurance choice, and thus I'd imagine I'm likely to be in the 25% of the first years who get put in self catered flats instead of halls..

So yeah, I asked my question with my first few words, then rambled. Thanks.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.