Can't do any work anymore.

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I'm an A level student whose always achieved Bs. My result aren't great but theyre not bad either. Before lock down I was the type of student who would always hand in homework, sort of a teachers pet. I struggled through last lock down, but I got through it alright, however this lock down I just can't work, and I'm not sure why. I just sit at my desk all day, put on a smile for videocalls, but when I try to do work my mind goes blank. It's not like I get distracted or anything, I will literally spend about 15 hours a day staring at my computer. The work seems so much more harder at home. If I can do a task it will take me hours, but for some things I just can't do it. I try talking to my parents, but they don't understand, and are unbelievably unhelpful. I just feel so empty. It's not as if I get distracted, I don't spend too much time doing leisurely activities or anything. I just feel so sick of this lockown situation.
Anonymous #2
Report 8 months ago
I'm in the same boat. I'm going to be getting my GCSEs this year and am predicted almost all 9s but I just cannot find it in me to work. In the last lockdown many of my subjects focused on revision so I got by just fine as I already knew everything, however, now the school is taking it more seriously but I can't.

I decided that it would be best for me to go on study leave but the chances of this being authorized are slim to none. Just today I emailed my head teacher telling them that I wouldn't be attending online lessons anymore and am currently rather anxiously awaiting their response.

Fortunately for me, my dad does try his best to be understanding but he's never experienced truly bad mental health before so doesn't get what I'm talking about a lot of the time.

Sorry for the rant, it's just kind of reassuring that I'm not the only one experiencing this.
Good luck with your a levels
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm in the same boat. I'm going to be getting my GCSEs this year and am predicted almost all 9s but I just cannot find it in me to work. In the last lockdown many of my subjects focused on revision so I got by just fine as I already knew everything, however, now the school is taking it more seriously but I can't.

I decided that it would be best for me to go on study leave but the chances of this being authorized are slim to none. Just today I emailed my head teacher telling them that I wouldn't be attending online lessons anymore and am currently rather anxiously awaiting their response.

Fortunately for me, my dad does try his best to be understanding but he's never experienced truly bad mental health before so doesn't get what I'm talking about a lot of the time.

Sorry for the rant, it's just kind of reassuring that I'm not the only one experiencing this.
Good luck with your a levels
Hiya,

Sorry I've just seen this now. How did you get on? My mental health got really bad over lockdown, to the point where I completely lost sight of the point of life. However, I persevered, and I eventually managed to get ABB at alevel. I'm studying physics now at uni, but a couple of days in I already feel like I hate it. Everyone else seems to find it easy, but I just have no idea what's going on.
Anonymous #3
Report 3 weeks ago
Hiya,

Sorry I've just seen this now. How did you get on? My mental health got really bad over lockdown, to the point where I completely lost sight of the point of life. However, I persevered, and I eventually managed to get ABB at alevel. I'm studying physics now at uni, but a couple of days in I already feel like I hate it. Everyone else seems to find it easy, but I just have no idea what's going on.
Education isn't everything
Grades aren't everything
You might feel a bit crap now but you'll be fine grades or not
Anonymous #4
Report 6 days ago
Hiya,

hi! everything you've described is exactly how i'm feeling too so you're not alone! i am also finding uni really hard so far - i'm just hoping that if i stick it out until xmas i can see how i feel
hope you feel better soon )
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (150)
54.74%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (38)
13.87%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (31)
11.31%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (26)
9.49%
I haven't started researching yet (16)
5.84%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
4.74%

Watched Threads