does UCAS automatically reject you if you miss a grade?

Watch
frogplant
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Say my offer was ABB, and I achieved A*AC or something, only missing one grade but overachieving in others, would it automatically reject me?
Admit-One
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by frogplant)
Say my offer was ABB, and I achieved A*AC or something, only missing one grade but overachieving in others, would it automatically reject me?
No, nothing is automatic. Your Firm and Insurance will still consider your grades even if you miss their offers.
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
UCAS doesnt reject anyone.
Its up to the individual Universities to decide what they accept/reject on Results Day.
Many may still accept some applicants who are a 'near miss' if they have places on the course, so its worth aiming high just in case, and you'll have your Insurance if your Firm does say no.

How to Choose Firm and Insurance - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/a-level/
What happens on Results Day - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/res...el-results-day
frogplant
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Admit-One)
No, nothing is automatic. Your Firm and Insurance will still consider your grades even if you miss their offers.
oh ok thanks! I had heard that it would automatically reject you!
Admit-One
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by frogplant)
oh ok thanks! I had heard that it would automatically reject you!
No, results are all processed manually by unis. They receive them a little while ahead of students, so in most cases there is already a decision for you on results day. So it may just appear automatic
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you feel comfortable going back to school on March 8th?

Yes (374)
32.13%
No (790)
67.87%

Watched Threads