Spam242
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I received a conditional offer from Reading Uni of BCC from 3 A-Levels, but I'm unsure if this means I need to receive minimum of BCC, or if other combinations such as ACD or ABE would be equivalent (still the same amount of UCAS points as their offer). Could anyone help?
physgradstudent
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It means you need to get BCC at least. They may still let you in with ACD or ABE, but they don’t have to and it will be down to admissions to decide later on if there are still spaces.
Admit-One
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Spam242)
I received a conditional offer from Reading Uni of BCC from 3 A-Levels, but I'm unsure if this means I need to receive minimum of BCC, or if other combinations such as ACD or ABE would be equivalent (still the same amount of UCAS points as their offer). Could anyone help?
I agree with the above, they require BCC from three subjects. If they would automatically accept tariff points or grade equivalencies they would state that in your offer.

Anything below BCC and you would be considered as a near miss candidate.
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Most 'grade' Universities would see an E grade as an total No - regardless of your other grades.
Its time to do some real work, lift your grades - and impress your teachers enough that they give you good CAG grades.
If you just let everything go slack at this stage, you will get the poor grades that that level of effort deserves.
UniofReading
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Spam242)
Hey Spam242,

Firstly congratulations on receiving your offer! Unfortunately, I'm not sure about that scenario however, I would recommend getting some clarification here: https://www.reading.ac.uk/forms/crm/question.aspx and they will get back to you as soon as possible!

Sorry, I couldn't be of more help and please do let us know if you have any questions!
From,

Amina 😊
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (247)
51.14%
No (236)
48.86%

Watched Threads