Boyfriend has bad hygiene

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So we’ve only been together for 5 months so I find it hard to tell him but he has the most nasty ears I’ve ever seen they’re full of wax and it really knocks me sick!
I try leaving hints and leaving the boxes of q tios around so maybe he’ll think oh I’ll clean them, I don’t know how Someone can not clean their ears I do mine almost everyday! It’s vile
I’m thinking to just break up but he’s on tag at the moment Snd it’s quarantine Snd he now has no where to go lol so I’m kind of stuck with him until he finds somewhere else
It’s drivin me nuts as it puts me off all my food all day... any help
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
leave him .. why give him a blow job with that hygiene?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
leave him .. why give him a blow job with that hygiene?
Unfortunately it’s not that simple he’s on house arrest until late feb and he has nowhere to go he’s a good person, I’m not going to let him go baxk to prison and LOL I don’t do that or have sex with him anymore I can’t
lksjdfhudioi
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You need to have a direct open conversation and be honest for a relationship to work.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
why is he on house arrest, if you dont mind me asking?
Anonymous #1
why is he on house arrest, if you dont mind me asking?
That’s irrelevant
Anonymous #4
Report 1 month ago
Unfortunately it’s not that simple he’s on house arrest until late feb and he has nowhere to go he’s a good person, I’m not going to let him go baxk to prison and LOL I don’t do that or have sex with him anymore I can’t
hahaaaaaaaaa, he's a criminal. You got low standards luv
deadroseex
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Do I self care day with him, like face masks and doing your nails and using creams and that and do a few things with him and slowly enter the idea of cleaning his ears!
username4748324
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Eeek that's not nice at all.:shock:
James_Smith_74
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
So we’ve only been together for 5 months so I find it hard to tell him but he has the most nasty ears I’ve ever seen they’re full of wax and it really knocks me sick!
I try leaving hints and leaving the boxes of q tios around so maybe he’ll think oh I’ll clean them, I don’t know how Someone can not clean their ears I do mine almost everyday! It’s vile
I’m thinking to just break up but he’s on tag at the moment Snd it’s quarantine Snd he now has no where to go lol so I’m kind of stuck with him until he finds somewhere else
Talk to him about it and if he doesn't do/try to do fix his hygiene then breaking up would be valid. You can't break up with him if you just hint it (guys don't tend to understand any hints haha) so try to talk to him about how he should improve his hygiene.
Anonymous #1
Ur dads prob a criminal
Anonymous #1
(Original post by James_Smith_74)
Talk to him about it and if he doesn't do/try to do fix his hygiene then breaking up would be valid. You can't break up with him if you just hint it (guys don't tend to understand any hints haha) so try to talk to him about how he should improve his hygiene.
Yeah I want to but I feel sooo like awkward about It like I just want to break up lol, it’s completely put me off him for some reason but he has to be here till feb
Anonymous #4
Report 1 month ago
Ur dads prob a criminal
probably but that wasn't my fault, at least I'm not willingly putting one up in my house. I had no idea what you meant by tag at first lol I guess you think that's normal and everyone would get what you meant. you sounds like a chav yourself anyway
Anonymous #5
Report 1 month ago
I'm curious - how did you get together in the first place; did you both communicate and want to get together? I genuinely don't mean this in a rude way, but how can you just not communicate it to him that you think it's rather unhygienic? Since that's a key part of a good relationship
HumbleBee_x
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How do y'all even clean ur ears??? i swear Q-tips are bad for them ?
Anonymous #5
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by HumbleBee_x)
How do y'all even clean ur ears??? i swear Q-tips are bad for them ?
Depends on the technique with Q-tips tbh hahaha
But besides this, I think some people use baby oil or something else and that softens the wax and it sort of slides out
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Your boyfriend sounds like he is following sound medical advice whilst you aren't.

https://healthblog.uofmhealth.org/we...lean-your-ears

"Don't put anything smaller than your elbows in your ears."
"Don't use Q tips to clean your ears."
"The ears are self cleaning organs,"

It is entirely up to you if you want to break up with your boyfriend, simply because he doesn't behave in an as ignorant way a you do with your ears.
As far as his ears are concerned, he sounds like a great guy to me.
Anonymous #5
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Dunnig Kruger)
Your boyfriend sounds like he is following sound medical advice whilst you aren't.

https://healthblog.uofmhealth.org/we...lean-your-ears

"Don't put anything smaller than your elbows in your ears."
"Don't use Q tips to clean your ears."
"The ears are self cleaning organs,"

It is entirely up to you if you want to break up with your boyfriend, simply because he doesn't behave in an as ignorant way a you do with your ears.
As far as his ears are concerned, he sounds like a great guy to me.
From the NHS website:

Earwax usually falls out on its own. If it does not and blocks your ear, put 2 to 3 drops of olive or almond oil in your ear twice a day for a few days.

Over 2 weeks lumps of earwax should fall out of your ear, especially at night when you're lying down.

If it builds up too much and doesn't fall out on its own, then yes he probably should clean it. Not really ignorant for wanting someone to clean it lol....
HumbleBee_x
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Depends on the technique with Q-tips tbh hahaha
But besides this, I think some people use baby oil or something else and that softens the wax and it sort of slides out
Ewww can u not :yucky:
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
From the NHS website:

Earwax usually falls out on its own. If it does not and blocks your ear, put 2 to 3 drops of olive or almond oil in your ear twice a day for a few days.

Over 2 weeks lumps of earwax should fall out of your ear, especially at night when you're lying down.

If it builds up too much and doesn't fall out on its own, then yes he probably should clean it. Not really ignorant for wanting someone to clean it lol....
1 we don't know if the earwax is falling out of its' own accord or not.

2 There's a huge difference between letting some drops of olive oil fall into your ears and cleaning them with Q tips.

3 And if the ear wax doesn't fall out of its' own accord, not even with olive oil and it's causing a loss of hearing then proper medical help should be sought instead of sticking stupid Q tips in your ear.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (70)
12.15%
Virtual campus tours/open days (141)
24.48%
Live streaming events (50)
8.68%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (54)
9.38%
A uni comparison tool (133)
23.09%
An in-person event when available (128)
22.22%