Mum turns the wi fi off at night

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
It really pisses me off and I get upset about it. Im just on YouTube or talking to my mates and it cuts out because shes switching it off. A router isn't designed to be switched on and off all the time. During the day she switches it off as well and i just want to go on my room on my phone but she turns it off so I have no Internet.
James_Smith_74
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
It really pisses me off and I get upset about it. Im just on YouTube or talking to my mates and it cuts out because shes switching it off. A router isn't designed to be switched on and off all the time. During the day she switches it off as well and i just want to go on my room on my phone but she turns it off so I have no Internet.
Is she doing it for a reason? (I feel like this is relevant)
Anonymous #1
(Original post by James_Smith_74)
Is she doing it for a reason? (I feel like this is relevant)
Because my sister has school but she doesn't have it now we are in lockdown but even if she does have school I would just suggest for them to go to bed like I wouldn't just upset everyone in the house
GabiAbi84
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Her house her rules unfortunately.
It’s probably good that you switch off from screen time and go to your bed.
Scotney
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Because my sister has school but she doesn't have it now we are in lockdown but even if she does have school I would just suggest for them to go to bed like I wouldn't just upset everyone in the house
Yes but you would end up staying up later and later and then sleeping in later and later. Could you not discuss about the daytime though. Seems a compromise is needed but her house her rules I am afraid.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Scotney)
Yes but you would end up staying up later and later and then sleeping in later and later. Could you not discuss about the daytime though. Seems a compromise is needed but her house her rules I am afraid.
I use it in bed
Anonymous #1
(Original post by GabiAbi84)
Her house her rules unfortunately.
her house her rules I am afraid.
Also this is where you're wrong because its not her house im not sure why you assumed this
IlikeDonerKebab
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
lmao same. tho she kind of forgot nowadays. why oh why did i show her how to turn it off? why?
Scotney
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I use it in bed
Yes exactly you we would stay awake! Okay is it your house and how old are you?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by qwertuyuyuy)
lmao same. tho she kind of forgot nowadays. why oh why did i show her how to turn it off? why?
Same mine forgets to turn it off
James_Smith_74
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Erm, I would say try to talk to her about it (I don't know what your mother is like though unfortunately) and if she refuses then you should tell your friends that she does this so you don't seem rude when you log off and maybe try and read or something along those lines if you are truly bored out of your mind haha.
Anonymous #1
Yes exactly you we would stay awake! Okay is it your house and how old are you?
Its my dads house I'm 20
Chronoscope
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Not sure she expect you/your sister to do online school if the wifi's off 🤔
I'd say talk to her about it (calmly)
Also you could use mobile data
Umar222
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Its my dads house I'm 20
UR 20 and u don't have mobile data?
jae jae
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Also this is where you're wrong because its not her house im not sure why you assumed this
Who then???
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You guys mum turns your wifi off?

I’m pretty sure it wasn’t designated for that, it can actually cause the router to lose memory over time and break.
Last edited by CaptainDuckie; 1 month ago
jae jae
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Its my dads house I'm 20
Maybe get a job to buy mobile data or buy a contract phone that comes with free mobile data????
James_Smith_74
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Its my dads house I'm 20
If you're 20 then I would try telling her that you actually know how to take care of yourself and will sleep on your own terms, or something along those lines.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by James_Smith_74)
If you're 20 then I would try telling her that you actually know how to take care of yourself and will sleep on your own terms, or something along those lines.
I'll tell her
Anonymous #1
(Original post by jae jae)
Maybe get a job to buy mobile data or buy a contract phone that comes with free mobile data????
I have a job, I work in my dads shop
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (70)
12.13%
Virtual campus tours/open days (141)
24.44%
Live streaming events (50)
8.67%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (54)
9.36%
A uni comparison tool (134)
23.22%
An in-person event when available (128)
22.18%