The Student Room Group

want to find my dad

Hi so i have never met my dad but i know his name. he has moved from the house that he was in when he was with my mum.

he has retired from work early so i can’t go to his work.

i’ve checked facebook and neither him or his wife are on there. i don’t know where else to check.

Has anyone got any advice as to how to find a person?
Twitter?
if you know where he worked, go in with a trench coat on and say you want to find this man (if they don't tell you to turn to violence) and then wait in his bin at his house for him to put some rubbish in there and jump out and say "hi dad I'm you kid" then give him a hug, if he doesn't want a hug to turn to violence, by chopping off his ****.
Reply 3
Type in 192 Open Register into Google.
Reply 4
thank you i have tried 192 but it’s only showing me his address which he lived in 20 years ago when him and mum were together :frown:
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
thank you i have tried 192 but it’s only showing me his address which he lived in 20 years ago when him and mum were together :frown:

Do you have a copy of his Marriage Certificate for his later marriage?
Reply 6
no but i know his wives names of both his previous marriage and his current one
Reply 7
has anyone used findermonkey.co.uk to find relatives?
Reply 8
no but i know his wives names of both his previous marriage and his current one

I would apply for his Marriage Certificate then; it will show the address at which he was living.

Do you know when he got married?
Reply 9
he was with the other woman before i was born so he probably got married when i was a baby so around 20 years ago. Would they give me his marriage certificate?
i have found his name and his old address on ancestry as well as 192 but i can’t seem to find anything past 2004
Reply 11
he was with the other woman before i was born so he probably got married when i was a baby so around 20 years ago. Would they give me his marriage certificate?

You should be able to apply for it.

Have a look for the marriage on Ancestry then order the certificate via the GRO.
i can’t find it the marriage certificate, it’s just letting me find him & his address in 2004. Thank you for your help tho xx
Original post by dew1223345
if you know where he worked, go in with a trench coat on and say you want to find this man (if they don't tell you to turn to violence) and then wait in his bin at his house for him to put some rubbish in there and jump out and say "hi dad I'm you kid" then give him a hug, if he doesn't want a hug to turn to violence, by chopping off his ****.

dyinggg
Reply 14
i can’t find it the marriage certificate, it’s just letting me find him & his address in 2004. Thank you for your help tho xx

If you would like me to check the Index for you, send me a DM. If he has remarried before a certain date, it should be listed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending