Brian sussum
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I want to study anthropology at uni and was wondering if I needed a A-level in science. For example I was thinking of applying for Kent which does have a biological side to it and I’m currently studying sociology, English language and film studies. Just need to know ASAP
natalie1441
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
When I went to the open day they said their entry requirements are very flexible so I’m sure what you’re currently studying will be acceptable.
stephsmhb
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Brian sussum)
I want to study anthropology at uni and was wondering if I needed a A-level in science. For example I was thinking of applying for Kent which does have a biological side to it and I’m currently studying sociology, English language and film studies. Just need to know ASAP
I'm not trying to be rude. But you could find this out so easily by looking on their website. Why are you asking here instead of looking at their entry requirements?
Brian sussum
Rep:
?
(Original post by stephsmhb)
I'm not trying to be rude. But you could find this out so easily by looking on their website. Why are you asking here instead of looking at their entry requirements?
Thanks for the reply 👍. I already have and there are no specific science requirements but just wanted to get another look.
Brian sussum
Rep:
?
(Original post by natalie1441)
When I went to the open day they said their entry requirements are very flexible so I’m sure what you’re currently studying will be acceptable.
Awesome thanks
Uni of Southampton Students
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Brian sussum)
Hi Brian sussum ☺️👋🏼!

I currently study Sociology with Anthropology and there were no subject-specific requirements for my course. I know a few people who study Anthropology and have diverse A-Level backgrounds with or without sciences. I personally applied with Sociology, Government & Politics and Psychology and still got in so I wouldn't worry too much about it! Sociology is a useful subject to have at A-Level.

Universities are more interested in your motivations for studying Anthropology as well as your predicted grades instead of subject choice per se.

I had a look at the requirements for BSc Anthropology at the University of Kent and no specific subjects have been listed, but if you are worried you could try emailing admissions.

~ Sarah, 2nd year Sociology with Anthropology student
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (66)
12.13%
Virtual campus tours/open days (132)
24.26%
Live streaming events (47)
8.64%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (52)
9.56%
A uni comparison tool (127)
23.35%
An in-person event when available (120)
22.06%