username5657356
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by danaxmx)
honestly, i wish i had found out about spain earlier. i originally applied for dentistry in the UK but got rejected from all 5 unis, but brum ended up offering me a place at another program that they thought i was more suitable for so i accepted it because i didnt think there was any other place that i could get accepted into. It wasnt even that i had bad grades, its just so competitive!
yea i can definitely relate to that. dentistry is incredibly competitive in the uk and i'm glad i found out about UEV. i've heard some good things about the uni and the it's dental clinic in particular and I'm honestly really looking forward to getting started. i guess it'll also push me to start learning some spanish too :P
username5657356
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by danaxmx)
yeah, and i think inevitably, when you interact with patients we will need to speak a somewhat basic level of spanish. thats why UEV offers spanish courses to be taken along side, and even offer online ones.
yep and this is common with all of the spanish unis that i have searched up. i think they eventually need a spanish proficiency level of b2 by the clinical years and patient communication is the most important thing when it comes to this.
Mariam_H
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by roozashrafi)
So I've been offered a place at UEV and I've reserved my place. I believe the theory is 100% English with the clinical work from years 4 and 5 particularly with regards to patient communication being in Spanish. I think the same may apply to UCV so I just decided to go ahead with UEV.
What about student visa i believe from 2021 we need visa to study in EU
Ehsan02
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by roozashrafi)
I know that it says that on the A-star future website but the actual theory at UEV is taught in English throughout the whole 5 years with the clinical part being in Spanish. This is what I was told by the people at UEV and on one of these forums, there was a UEV student who said the same thing.
Ah right fair enough. Thank you
username5657356
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ehsan02)
Ah right fair enough. Thank you
no worries, i hope it all goes well
username5657356
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Mariam_H)
yep, that's important too
Ehsan02
Rep:
?
If you applied to UCV, GDC education will help you with all the paperwork you need in a couple months time
Greekdentist
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Once you complete your degree do you have to sit the ORE exam in order to practice in the UK?
blueberry888
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Did you get accepted by UCAM i haven't heard from them what was the process like
Not yet. I've sent the documents 1 week ago already.. I think it might be that they will send me a mail for an interview date. wbu for UCV? Which one do you prefer to study?
blueberry888
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ehsan02)
If you applied to UCV, GDC education will help you with all the paperwork you need in a couple months time
Hey, do you know if we have to apply to UCV work with GDC Education? And what about the interview? if you did then, what kinds of questions were they asked you?
Ehsan02
Rep:
?
(Original post by aspireddentist)
Once you complete your degree do you have to sit the ORE exam in order to practice in the UK?
As of right now I’m pretty sure you can just come back and work but whether that changes over the next 5 years idk
Ehsan02
Rep:
?
(Original post by blueberry888)
Hey, do you know if we have to apply to UCV work with GDC Education? And what about the interview? if you did then, what kinds of questions were they asked you?
Gdc education work with UCV it’s a company out in Valencia. You can apply through them too I think. I didn’t do an interview so I can’t help you with that sorry
Mariam_H
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Not yet. I've sent the documents 1 week ago already.. I think it might be that they will send me a mail for an interview date. wbu for UCV? Which one do you prefer to study?
i have applied to CEU valencia and got accepted but because of the tuition fee (21 thousand euros per year) i applied to UCAM couple weeks ago i got a phone call from the international admission team i don't know if that was my interview or not i was told i get answer by end of this week but i haven't heard anything yet UCV is my second choice and UEM is my third which i have a offer from them but again its because of the fees that i am looking at UCAM and UCV
captainship190
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Have u applied to UCV?
ochreskies
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey, I've applied to UCV and got offered a place - I'm most likely going to accept it. Anyone else starting at UCV in September?
ochreskies
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The interview itself was quite informal. The lady just asked me basic questions "Why do you want to study dentistry?" "Why dentistry and not any other healthcare profession?" "Why UCV?" "Tell me about your study habits?" She referred to my personal statement a couple times and asked questions about my work experience and my extracurricular activities too. But overall it felt more like a casual conversation than an interview.
Mariam_H
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ochreskies)
Hey, I've applied to UCV and got offered a place - I'm most likely going to accept it. Anyone else starting at UCV in September?
Hi is UCV the only place you applied to and is it true you have to pay six thousand euros extra to GDC Education agency to bring the total tuition fee for the first year to 21 thousand euros.
Ehsan02
Rep:
?
Hi is UCV the only place you applied to and is it true you have to pay six thousand euros extra to GDC Education agency to bring the total tuition fee for the first year to 21 thousand euros.
The 6k is a care package that includes help while you’re there. U can find info abt it online. But yes you pay that on top of this years tuition fees
ochreskies
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi yeah UCV is the only uni I applied to. The additional 6000 euro pastoral package is only for the first year, so it does bring 1st year's tuition to 21390 euros.
captainship190
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ochreskies)
Yeahhh I'm going UCV in September
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (133)
4.92%
Uncertainty around my education (401)
14.84%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (301)
11.14%
Lack of purpose or motivation (380)
14.06%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (123)
4.55%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (163)
6.03%
Loneliness (231)
8.55%
Financial worries (100)
3.7%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (110)
4.07%
Exposure to negative news/social media (123)
4.55%
Lack of real life entertainment (142)
5.25%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (237)
8.77%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (259)
9.58%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed