Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok basically I've been called for an interview at Dundee re: starting an architecture course next year and many yays to that.

However...they have requested a portfolio. This shouldn't be a problem as I've got something of an art portfolio together already but what they want is evidence of 3d/spacial awareness. I am gonna call the selector (not the band..although there's an idea) to find out more specifically what they want and make sure I've got it together but in the meantime any advice regarding what all I should look to include in my portfolio is more than welcome.

Really just don't wanna turn up with more of an arty folio then be told they want drawings of buildings.

thanx
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Goldfish296)
    Ok basically I've been called for an interview at Dundee re: starting an architecture course next year and many yays to that.

However...they have requested a portfolio. This shouldn't be a problem as I've got something of an art portfolio together already but what they want is evidence of 3d/spacial awareness. I am gonna call the selector (not the band..although there's an idea) to find out more specifically what they want and make sure I've got it together but in the meantime any advice regarding what all I should look to include in my portfolio is more than welcome.

Really just don't wanna turn up with more of an arty folio then be told they want drawings of buildings.

thanx
    I would expect some isometric drawings of buildings at the very least or 'exploded' diagrams to show the way something is constructed. If you want some proper 3D why not do some real origami structures? NB it's spatial not spacial - I know it relates to shapes in space, but it's always spelled with a 't'!

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.