farshaddyy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
A level 6 degree is worth/weighted the same as a degree awarded by a university but are they valued the same? Do employers care which you have? A University degree has ratings like a first or 2:1, how do they know how well you did with a level 6 degree. (Asking because I am applying to Apprenticeships and want to know if I'm better off at uni)
Gent2324
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
valued the same in what? people dont do apprenticeships for the qualification, they do it for the work experience
Lo12
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by farshaddyy)
A level 6 degree is worth/weighted the same as a degree awarded by a university but are they valued the same? Do employers care which you have? A University degree has ratings like a first or 2:1, how do they know how well you did with a level 6 degree. (Asking because I am applying to Apprenticeships and want to know if I'm better off at uni)
You still get graded when you complete a degree apprenticeship. You’ll be able to make employers aware of your grade that you achieved once you’ve finished the degree.
Chris2892
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Degree apprenticeship academic study is typically a Bachelors with honours like any other accredited full time degree.. with the same grading (1:1, 2:1, 2.2)

You’re also now graded on your work based competence at fail/pass/distinction. This typically involves a report, portfolio, and a presentation to an external assessor at the end of your apprenticeship. This is arguably more important, a degree doesn’t mean you can do the job, whereas a distinction in a L6 apprenticeship shows you know what you’re doing.

They’re quite adamant on eliminating the old NVQ stigma that it informally stood for Not Very Qualified, so they’re very harsh in judgement for the new EPA format. I.e. if you’re not good at your job with evidence to back it up, don’t expect a distinction.
Last edited by Chris2892; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (70)
12.13%
Virtual campus tours/open days (141)
24.44%
Live streaming events (50)
8.67%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (54)
9.36%
A uni comparison tool (134)
23.22%
An in-person event when available (128)
22.18%