The Student Room Group

What do University entry requirements really mean?

I've applied to a few different courses ranging from AAB at Plymouth (I have received an unconditional from them) to 88 UCAS points at Bangar (conditional off). I am kinda in love with the idea of going to Bangar but It has very low entry requirements in comparison to my other choices. Does this mean jobs will reject me if I get a degree from Bangar over Plymouth? It makes it really difficult to pick a firm offer. Does it mean I'll get a lower quality degree? Can someone please explain?!
Original post by faithmb
I've applied to a few different courses ranging from AAB at Plymouth (I have received an unconditional from them) to 88 UCAS points at Bangar (conditional off). I am kinda in love with the idea of going to Bangar but It has very low entry requirements in comparison to my other choices. Does this mean jobs will reject me if I get a degree from Bangar over Plymouth? It makes it really difficult to pick a firm offer. Does it mean I'll get a lower quality degree? Can someone please explain?!

Entry requirements reflect demand from 17/18 year olds more than anything. Bangor is an excellent university - especially for some subjects.

Employers will be employing YOU not your degree. The place where you'll thrive, get the best degree classification possible and take full advantage of all the opportunities available to you outside your studies is where you'll best boost your employability.

You've got loads of time to decide this. You shouldn't be picking a firm choice on Track until April at the very earliest!
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Entry requirements reflect demand from 17/18 year olds more than anything. Bangor is an excellent university - especially for some subjects.

Employers will be employing YOU not your degree. The place where you'll thrive, get the best degree classification possible and take full advantage of all the opportunities available to you outside your studies is where you'll best boost your employability.

You've got loads of time to decide this. You shouldn't be picking a firm choice on Track until April at the very earliest!

Thank you for the reply! :smile:
I really appreciate your advice, It has helped with my nerves a lot! I really am in love with Bangar and the entry requirements were sounding too good to be true.
Original post by faithmb

Hi

Great to hear you are interested in Bangor,

I can assure you whether you get a degree from us or Plymouth this would not effect your employability side of things etc. You can find out more here:

https://www.bangor.ac.uk/student-life/employability

You would not get a lower quality degree either :smile:

If I can help with anything, feel free to send me a message

Sera

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending