Is it too late to change my GCSE options?

Watch
kitkatkarkat
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I took Japanese as a GCSE in year 8, when I was taking Latin and Japanese. Now that it's January and I'm behind on the really hard work that we have to do, I'm reconsidering this choice and wondering if I can and should change to Latin. For the GCSE, Latin only has a reading and a writing exam, whereas Japanese also has the listening and the speaking (both of which I am bad at). Latin is generally easier, but I'm worried than I might regret this choice too. Should I carry on for two more years with this really hard and stressful subject, or should I do lots of catch up work and switch over?
Last edited by kitkatkarkat; 7 months ago
TazmeenX
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
what year are you in? it depends how far you are into the course. i switched from art to geography in december but idk bc ur trying to switch languages and so it may be more difficult to switch?
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
depends what year you're in, if you've still got 2 years to go i reckon you could change your options but there'll still be a fair amount to catchup on in latin, if you're ready for that.
kitkatkarkat
Rep:
?
(Original post by TazmeenX)
what year are you in? it depends how far you are into the course. i switched from art to geography in december but idk bc ur trying to switch languages and so it may be more difficult to switch?
Year 9
kitkatkarkat
Rep:
?
(Original post by absolutelysprout)
depends what year you're in, if you've still got 2 years to go i reckon you could change your options but there'll still be a fair amount to catchup on in latin, if you're ready for that.
year 9
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by kitkatkarkat)
year 9
did you enjoy latin more when you were taking both subjects?
Okayn
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
There may still be time. When I was in year 9 lots of people got the chance to change their GCSE a few months after officially choosing them. Just email your head of year or the person who is dealing with GCSE options.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (1)
4.17%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (5)
20.83%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (3)
12.5%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (3)
12.5%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (9)
37.5%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (3)
12.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed