The Student Room Group

This discussion is no longer active so you won't be able to reply.Check out other Related discussions

MSc Psychology Conversion at Birmingham City University

I'm wondering if anyone has enrolled on the MSc Psychology Conversion at BCU? I am hoping to apply to this course in September 2021 but I can't find any reviews on the course.

A few initial questions that come to mind are;
- Did you feel supported during the course? I graduated from my undergrad (BA Primary Education) in 2016 and am worried that I've forgotten how to write essays, let alone dissertations and lab reports etc.
- Were you able to work whilst studying? I am currently teaching and am hoping to work 3 days whilst studying (ideally I would continue to teach but may have to work elsewhere if my school don't allow me to drop to part time).
- I want to study this course to get closer to my dream of becoming an Educational Psychologist. Do you think that this course would be suitable for me?

I'm reluctant to put these questions to the university in fear they may sugarcoat the truth! I'd love some honest feedback is possible! Thank you :-)
I'm looking to do an MSc Psychology conversion as well! I'm pretty sure the one at BCU is part-time so you can do it in the evenings/weekends whenever you have time (that's what I'll be doing whilst working full-time). And it's accredited by the BPS so would definitely fulfil the requirements to get into educational psychology! Should say on course pages for the educational psychology doctorate what you need.
Reply 2
Original post by ritz08
I'm looking to do an MSc Psychology conversion as well! I'm pretty sure the one at BCU is part-time so you can do it in the evenings/weekends whenever you have time (that's what I'll be doing whilst working full-time). And it's accredited by the BPS so would definitely fulfil the requirements to get into educational psychology! Should say on course pages for the educational psychology doctorate what you need.

Did u go with BCU?
@Amber786!!
The key features seem to be there, the British Psychological Society accreditation is really important. Birmingham have a really good online learning reputation like Arden (their course is also BPS accredited).

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador

Latest