The Christmas Info Thread. Watch

This discussion is closed.
Queenoftheuniverse
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
I know Christmas is done and dusted but I thought some of you would like to know a little more about the history of christmas, post your questions here and I may be able to answer them. Did you know that beef is a popular christmas dish. King charles the second liked beef so much that he knighted it whilst eating it on christmas day. That's why some people call beef sirloin.

Mistletoe a parasite and grows on oak trees, the seeds are carried by birds onto the tree, which is known as a host. Mistletoe is part of christmas tradition because it was worshipped by those who followed the norse religion. We hang up mistletoe because the godess Frigga commanded all things execpt the mistletoe not to hurt her son Balder. The god loki instructed hordur, balders blind brother to throw the mistletoe at balder. It killed balder, therefore frigga commanded that the mistletoe be placed high up so that it could never harm anyone again.
blissy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Queenoftheuniverse)
King charles the second liked beef so much that he knighted it whilst eating it on christmas day. That's why some people call beef sirloin.
:hmpf: I don't think I believe that one.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Welcome back AGAIN twinkle toes.

Given up completely on the Help Assosiation?
Sarky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by PQ)
Welcome back AGAIN twinkle toes.

Given up completely on the Help Assosiation?

LMAO Only one sarky person allowed here please.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
BTW TT - your password has only been reset on the old account, check the email address you signed up with for an email (including any spam folders) and you'll be able to get back in.
Queenoftheuniverse
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
BTW TT - your password has only been reset on the old account, check the email address you signed up with for an email (including any spam folders) and you'll be able to get back in.
Even mods post irrelevant posts now, this is a christmas thread so please discuss christmas
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by PQ)
Please keep the thread on topic
Queenoftheuniverse
Rep:
?
I know Christmas is done and dusted but I thought some of you would like to know a little more about the history of christmas, post your questions here and I may be able to answer them. Did you know that beef is a popular christmas dish. King charles the second liked beef so much that he knighted it whilst eating it on christmas day. That's why some people call beef sirloin.

Mistletoe a parasite and grows on oak trees, the seeds are carried by birds onto the tree, which is known as a host. Mistletoe is part of christmas tradition because it was worshipped by those who followed the norse religion. We hang up mistletoe because the godess Frigga commanded all things execpt the mistletoe not to hurt her son Balder. The god loki instructed hordur, balders blind brother to throw the mistletoe at balder. It killed balder, therefore frigga commanded that the mistletoe be placed high up so that it could never harm anyone again.
Christmas Cards are a victorian tradition. People used to send christmas greetings to each other, these gradually evolved over the years into christmas cards
InterCity125
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Why is it at Christmas that the National reservation system broke down?
Kew
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
That is a complete myth, by the way. In any case, in the version I've read it was James I, not Charles II.

Why bother creating a thread offering to tell people about the history of Christmas, when many people on this forum know a lot more about it than you do?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1618)
79.12%
Leave (427)
20.88%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed