I do a level bio and it is just not going well
I keep getting 50s and 60 percentages and i can never seem to get any higher
I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong
SparkleFace
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Are you doing practice questions. I always do a set or two or two of questions right before a test and mark them and a couple of days before. It tends to get my brain ready with what could come up.
HumbleBee_x
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ah i feel u i went through a phase like that

You need to focus on the AO2/AO3 questions, those are where you're gonna get the marks.
And memorize markscheme points for AO1 questions, like describe the light dependent reaction for example- make sure to get full marks in those.

As with any A-level subject, exam questions are the way to. Good luck!
Maffs+Kemistree
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Questions in test can be difficult, we can all agree on that, especially because of the pandemic going around, teachers are focusing on giving out more work so they have a bunch of evidence to give to the SQA for your grades.
There is a lot of pressure on this year and the best advice I can offer you and I insist on this, please, please go over your past papers.
They are provided with answers all over the net with a lot people who want to help you achieve the highest grades possible.
If this isn’t helping maybe your study routine isn’t right, maybe you aren’t incorporating as much techniques into your studying.
Taking wee breaks through will help a lot.
Highlighting and reading over your notes will aid your memory.
In school, or online lessons try asking as much questions as possible, show your teachers that your are willing to taking time out and improve.
They need to see this kind of motive from you, that will present more evidence towards final grades. You can also maybe try talking to your teacher and telling her about certain circumstances and how you feel you can do better. You can ask for additional tests, your teachers will understand, just don’t be afraid to ask!
Bear in mind it’s not only you who has to go through the effects of the pandemic, everyone in the world is, everyone is going through these situations and if you ever need any help please make sure to reach out.
Just overall, try your best, and go over course specifications.
Stay safe,
bexca
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by LettuceCake)
I do a level bio and it is just not going well
I keep getting 50s and 60 percentages and i can never seem to get any higher
I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong
you might already be doing them, but if you're not, try to do past papers/practice questions. often people struggle to gain marks because of their lack of knowledge/practice of exam/test techniques instead of lack of knowledge on the topics
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (25)
13.81%
Virtual campus tours/open days (41)
22.65%
Live streaming events (16)
8.84%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (18)
9.94%
A uni comparison tool (41)
22.65%
An in-person event when available (40)
22.1%