Kango4532
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by lyates920)
No they never mentioned it. When I got the email I thought well I’ve clearly not done terribly.
I wouldn’t really have called it an interview tbh it was more of us both getting to know each other and I asked her some questions about the industry itself for her opinion. They rang me an hour later to say I got it.
So in specific was it more of 'tell me where you did XYZ' or more situational based questions?
lyates920
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by Kango4532)
So in specific was it more of 'tell me where you did XYZ' or more situational based questions?
I had those in my assessment day. It was more of a conversation really she asked me where I was from, what I was doing at college. She mainly wanted to know about like my motivations for the role as it’s a lot of work to do 9-5 and then go home and study. I got a chance to ask her some questions as well just about industry trends and her experiences
Kango4532
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Oh so really about why the role you are applying for right? When you say you asked questions about industry could you help me out on how to create potential questions any websites to look on?
lyates920
Rep:
?
Oh so really about why the role you are applying for right? When you say you asked questions about industry could you help me out on how to create potential questions any websites to look on?
Yeah like what got me into the industry I applied for audit so I asked about their ops on current news situations and what aspects they liked. Just the stuff I genuinely wanted to know really.
Kango4532
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Yeah like what got me into the industry I applied for audit so I asked about their ops on current news situations and what aspects they liked. Just the stuff I genuinely wanted to know really.
Would you say asking 3-4 questions is too much or would that be alright?
lyates920
Rep:
?
Would you say asking 3-4 questions is too much or would that be alright?
Yeah I’d say that’s about right. Good luck
Kango4532
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Thanks you have been a big help! Good luck on your career
lyates920
Rep:
?
Thanks you have been a big help! Good luck on your career
You too! Good luck with everything
SomeWelshGuy123
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
They told me an hour after my partner interview but I don’t think that that’s normal it could be a few working days but they won’t leave you in the dark. It’s really nothing to worry about they don’t ask you anything difficult it’s mainly to see if you two gel in a way so they can get a feel of your personality.
Not every office has a partner interview.
RA_5675
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by SomeWelshGuy123)
Not every office has a partner interview.
What office and role did you apply for? And did you have a partner interview? Did you get the offer, if so congrats!
Matcha__
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Does anyone know if Bristol office has a partner interview? Thanks!
Samson37
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Anyone else joining the Bristol office this August?
username5690068
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi, I've got my assesment centre in a few weeks, but I'm really struggling with the pre-interview task...
how did you guys pick which company to research? I can't seem to find much information on the small business' I've found in news articles. How did you do your research?
Any help would be much appreciated I'm so desperate for this job, thanks x
Last edited by username5690068; 4 weeks ago
SomeWelshGuy123
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by username112233)
Hi, I've got my assesment centre in a few weeks, but I'm really struggling with the pre-interview task...
how did you guys pick which company to research? I can't seem to find much information on the small business' I've found in news articles. How did you do your research?
Any help would be much appreciated I'm so desperate for this job, thanks x
It doesn't need to be a small company, just one that isn't on the FTSE. The company I did had a £3.2bn turnover. I'm not entirely sure what you mean by businesses you've foudn in news articles. The company I did wasn't in any news articles directly, I just commented how it would be impacted.
Jenna96x
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi! I just wanted to open this thread to ask if anyone’s been accepted onto an RSM program for Autumn 2021.
I’ve been accepted for Audit in Preston
Hi congrats on your offer! I have my AC coming up soon and just wanted to ask for your pre-task research did you combine why you chose the company etc in with the executive summary or did you separate them please?
username5690068
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by SomeWelshGuy123)
It doesn't need to be a small company, just one that isn't on the FTSE. The company I did had a £3.2bn turnover. I'm not entirely sure what you mean by businesses you've foudn in news articles. The company I did wasn't in any news articles directly, I just commented how it would be impacted.
Ah right, it's just since the task said “Pick a company of any size, outside of the FTSE 350, from the recent business news that has interested you." so I thought that meant the company had to have been in the news.
Thanks, I've ended up choosing a medium sized one, I think I was struggling to find a company that wasn't in the FTSE 350 that was in the news and big enough to be able to research the company properly.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (156)
42.98%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (53)
14.6%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (146)
40.22%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (8)
2.2%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed