is it weird to ask a friend for a cuddle

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
not in a relationship but sometimes i just want a cuddle. My best friend is a guy ( who is single too but I know he doesn't want a relationship ) would it be weird to ask him, do you have to be in a relationship to cuddle
thehollowman
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
not in a relationship but sometimes i just want a cuddle. My best friend is a guy ( who is single too but I know he doesn't want a relationship ) would it be weird to ask him, do you have to be in a relationship to cuddle
I'm a hugger so if someone asks I'll probably say yes regardless (well, as long as I like them as a person). I wouldn't say so.
becausethenight
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Depends on the relationship.
I've slept in the same bed as close friends and asked for hugs, yeah. You might want to be clear that you're not looking for a relationship though.
HumbleBee_x
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
What if he catches feelings
CatGentleman
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You don't have to be but it depends on the friendship you have with this guy. If you think they might like you, don't ask for stuff like that, it's not fair to the other person and you can always ask your girl friends for hugs.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I have feelings for him but he shows zero signs he does

i know he said before he wants to focus on studies

long ago before lockdown i said lets go see lights and he said sure but not X because my friends said thats where couples go / there are many occasions us alone and he never makes a move but just talks casually / sleep overs we sleep in seperate beds and movies we are distanced as we watch it and when i try to move a bit closer i can sense he keeps a slight distance ... so yea i dont think i need to tell him because all the signs show he has no interest
ADarling
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
nope ive done it
username5457326
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
that doesn't sound weird
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I can understand wanting hugs / cuddles etc. but you need to make it very clear it's nothing beyond that - the last thing you wanna do is lead the other person on.
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Cuddling is more emotional than sexual, unlike kissing, so it will be fine if you’re both on the same page
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you feel comfortable going back to school on March 8th?

Yes (375)
32.11%
No (793)
67.89%

Watched Threads