The Student Room Group

What career path to choose? Biology chemistry psychology a levels

I do biology chemistry and psychology a levels and I am stuck at choosing my career path. I know about medicine but idk if i'd be happy in pursuing a career in the field. Any suggestions? maybe from graduates already?
neuroscience?
Reply 2
Original post by HEsssss22
I do biology chemistry and psychology a levels and I am stuck at choosing my career path. I know about medicine but idk if i'd be happy in pursuing a career in the field. Any suggestions? maybe from graduates already?

Which of your classes do you look forward to most?
Reply 3
Original post by Kerzen
Which of your classes do you look forward to most?

I enjoy all of them! Thats why i'm having a hard time choosing
Reply 4
What about something like this?

https://microbiologysociety.org/careers.html
Biomedical science
Biotech
Chemistry
Biology
Biochemistry
Microbiology
Genetics
Psychologist
Neuroscience
Criminal psychology

These are what I can think of on top of my head
Reply 6
Original post by SparkleFace
Biomedical science
Biotech
Chemistry
Biology
Biochemistry
Microbiology
Genetics
Psychologist
Neuroscience
Criminal psychology

These are what I can think of on top of my head

What are the advantages of these subjects? disadvantages? what are the employment prospects of these?
Reply 7
Original post by Kerzen
What about something like this?

https://microbiologysociety.org/careers.html

Interesting... Do you know how the job prospects are with microbiology?
Reply 8
biomed sounds good
Original post by HEsssss22

Hi there,

Choosing which way to go when getting to university is a very difficult choice, but there are plenty of options out there. It seems that you're on the right track already with your research :smile:
At Bangor University we have a College of Human Sciences, and I'm sure that any of the subjects within that college would be suitable for you. We offer courses from Psychology to Mental Health Nursing and much more. One of the popular courses is Medical Sciences, it's a course that could lead on to you studying further to becoming a doctor, but it also gives you other career options as well.
We have a Virtual Open Day this Saturday (30 January), it's a great opportunity for you to ask questions to our staff and learn more about what Bangor can offer you. You can register for the event online here.
You can also chat to current students at any time on our Unibuddy platform if you would like to hear from individuals who are studying the subjects you're interested in right now.

Please let me know if I can help with anything else, or answer any questions :smile:
Anna

Quick Reply

Latest