The Student Room Group
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website

Uni rejection help

I have received an email from brunel that they rejected me and the reason is that I don’t meet the MINIMUM requirement. Brunel university it’s my first choice, and my grades are higher than the entry requirements I have all GCSE and A level required. Do you think they will reconsider my application if I call them ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jhggfggvcg
I have received an email from brunel that they rejected me and the reason is that I don’t meet the MINIMUM requirement. Brunel university it’s my first choice, and my grades are higher than the entry requirements I have all GCSE and A level required. Do you think they will reconsider my application if I call them ?

Unlikely just from a phone call, but a polite email with your gcse and AL results as compared to their minimum requirements should be enough for them to double check that they haven’t made an error. You can always follow it up with a call.
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One
Unlikely just from a phone call, but a polite email with your gcse and AL results as compared to their minimum requirements should be enough for them to double check that they haven’t made an error. You can always follow it up with a call.

Hi thank you for replying. Do you think if it is their mistake can they reconsider my application?
Hi thank you for replying. Do you think if it is their mistake can they reconsider my application?

If its a mistake then of course they will reconsider your application.

But if it’s on the current merit of your application then no.
Reply 4
Original post by mnot

Thank you
Reply 5
In reality, it's very common, if a year group has high grades, they move the minimum boundaries up, happened to myself with multiple applications this year!
Original post by Xkxrry
In reality, it's very common, if a year group has high grades, they move the minimum boundaries up, happened to myself with multiple applications this year!

Anything is possible, Ive seen this mistake and offers be made, and ive seen universities hold firm (pretty much always if it’s happened as an academic decision).

That said there is really no harm in OP following up.
Reply 7
Original post by Xkxrry

Sorry to hear that. However I have the highest entry requirements which it’s equivalent to A*A*A*B
Reply 8
Original post by mnot

Can I text you by message I need your help with emailing the admission
Where are you looking at the course requirements, on the current course page on the Uni website, or somewhere else?
Do you meet ALL of the requirements - A level etc, and GCSE, in full?
If you are doing BTECs or other non-A level qualifications, do they accept them for that course?
Reply 10
Sorry to hear that. However I have the highest entry requirements which it’s equivalent to A*A*A*B

Original post by mnot
Anything is possible, Ive seen this mistake and offers be made, and ive seen universities hold firm (pretty much always if it’s happened as an academic decision).

That said there is really no harm in OP following up.

My word, this does seem very weird w/ such high grades. Of course, never meant to infer not following up! What course may I ask?
Reply 11
Original post by Xkxrry
My word, this does seem very weird w/ such high grades. Of course, never meant to infer not following up! What course may I ask?

Biomedical science
Can I text you by message I need your help with emailing the admission

The email will be cut and dry.

Dear....,

I recently applied for....., my name is ... & my ucas id is.

Unfortunately i was rejected for not meeting the required grades (.....). However I achieved.... and am predicted.......

I was enquiring into if my application would be reconsidered in these circumstances. I look forward to hearing back from you. Thank you.

Kind regards,

Ucas number
Email
I have the highest entry requirements which it’s equivalent to A*A*A*B

What qualifications, and who says its 'equivalent' to those A level grades?
Reply 15
Original post by McGinger
What qualifications, and who says its 'equivalent' to those A level grades?

Btec D*D*D* and Alevel B
Reply 17
Yes

I also added a placement year
Reply 18
Some universities do not consider BTEC's to be equivalent to A-levels, and some do not consider more than one BTEC grade! That may be an issue, I know Queens Belfast certainly don't accept more than one BTEC grade for an A-level for certain. Just in case this may the issue, I would certainly ask around the admissions department, especially considering 2021's... less than ideal circumstances
Reply 19
Yes

In the section 'UK Entry Requirements', which line matches your qualifications?

Quick Reply

Latest