The Student Room Group

Trouble with UCAS receiving A level results, and am I likely to get into manchester?

Greetings,

I'm an intl. student who gave A Levels in the november 2020 session (CAIE). I know, kinda weird timing. Took them as a private candidate.

Thing is, I couldn't provide much details like centre no. and candidate no. in my UCAS, as I wasn't enrolled into a "real" A-Level school (enrolled into a different curriculum school instead). Mailed UCAS regarding this, they're either saying "don't worry" or just knocking it up. I'm growing more and more paranoid every second :frown:

How does UCAS actually find your grades? I received them back in January 11. Mailed my unis, and none of them received my results. I probably lost my acceptance at Cambridge due to this

In addition, the UCAS offer rate calculator is down. So I was wondering if my uni choice is okay with my A Levels: A* A* A* in maths, physics and chem, and also an A in AS-level further maths sat in same sitting

Imperial - MSci Chemistry, UCL - MSci Chemistry, Nottingham - same

I'm really worried about not getting into any at all, especially after the Cambridge rejection. What should I put in as a 5th uni? Should I do Manchester? Durham? Anything else? Just to be sure I get in

Really sorry for the ranty language. I feel like a pathetic useless junk :frown:

Thanks in advance!
Hi,

Hope you are well. I wouldn’t worry too much about UCAS receiving your grades if you already have them. It’s just a matter of sending your grades and proof of them (i.e certificates) to your chosen university and the rest should be sorted for you. The university should then notify UCAS that they have your grades. This happened to me too. UCAS received my grades late last year but that was due to Covid-19 and the mix up of dates of moderation.

Hope this helps. Stay safe and good luck!
UCAS is due to receive CIE results in February sometime.

Don’t worry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending