Will I make friends after uni?

Watch
bioenthusiast
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So uni has been far from what I expected... I haven’t made as many friends as I thought I would and the social experience hasn’t been that great. I’ve struggled a lot with social anxiety and uni has been very lonely tbh

I’m meant to be graduating this year and now I fear that any social opportunities I had are shattered forever, even more so by the pandemic.

Do people make friends after university? Idk I just worry that I will never make friends now because I didn’t manage to succeed in my social life at uni.
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yeah there are still opportunities to make friends after uni. You can make them at work, or through hobbies for example. I play d&d and have got very close to people through that. As well as guys i play hockey with.. Also I hang out with people from work. You also make friends meeting people through other people.
elephant3
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hey just curious, what uni did you go to?
bioenthusiast
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sabertooth)
Yeah there are still opportunities to make friends after uni. You can make them at work, or through hobbies for example. I play d&d and have got very close to people through that. As well as guys i play hockey with.. Also I hang out with people from work. You also make friends meeting people through other people.
Thanks for this.
bioenthusiast
Rep:
?
(Original post by elephant3)
Hey just curious, what uni did you go to?
University of Leicester- why?
TJ1997
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm in a similar boat, as most of my friends drifted away after I finished last year. Trying to just work on myself before starting any new friendships especially with how uncertain things are atm.

PM me if you feel like talking
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (517)
51.29%
No (491)
48.71%

Watched Threads