vincentko1018
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I need a new laptop for school and saw the new m1 macbook air. Its pretty expensive but I know I'll use it for a few years (my current one lasted for 3).

However, Im afraid that I might give off a rich snob kinda vibe to other people who dont know me yet. Thoughts?
DiamondDia
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Go ahead and buy it and don’t care what other people think, they’d be stupid to think they can define someone just off of the impression that they have a MacBook, I guarantee many others will have one just like myself. If they choose to perceive you that way that’s their own inner-problem. Just do you and don’t be too self conscious about it.
Gilo200
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
mac book are very bad value for money, and rich snob look 🤣 no one cares if u have a mac book , most think there shite anyway
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by vincentko1018)
I need a new laptop for school and saw the new m1 macbook air. Its pretty expensive but I know I'll use it for a few years (my current one lasted for 3).

However, Im afraid that I might give off a rich snob kinda vibe to other people who dont know me yet. Thoughts?
Unless you're in a technical course where a MacBook is poorly suited, nobody is going to give a toss what computer you have.
Ooef
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Gilo200)
mac book are very bad value for money, and rich snob look 🤣 no one cares if u have a mac book , most think there shite anyway
Someone's pressed lol, the new MacBook with the m1 processor is very good value for money and beats the new 11th gen intel processors so what u on about m8.
Gilo200
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ooef)
Someone's pressed lol, the new MacBook with the m1 processor is very good value for money and beats the new 11th gen intel processors so what u on about m8.
u got triggered that I called ur choice of laptop bad value for money awhhhh, daddy money not well spent
concernedLMAO
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Who cares really? I'm getting one, so fed up of messing around with cheap windows ****
amyemxx
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No one cares, I go to UOB studying Law and the majority of students there have MacBooks anyways, they're popular with students because of the Apple Education deals. I have the new MacBook Pro M1, love it but would've just bought the Air tbh since there's not really a noticeable difference for me apart from the Touch Bar that I dont really use.
Last edited by amyemxx; 1 month ago
Gilo200
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by amyemxx)
No one cares, I go to UOB studying Law and the majority of students there have MacBooks anyways, they're popular with students because of the Apple Education deals. I have the new MacBook Pro M1, love it but would've just bought the Air tbh since there's not really a noticeable difference for me apart from the Touch Bar that I dont really use. P.S I bought it with my own money from my job as an emergency service call handler before people say about "daddy's money" lol
good on u
the_pharaoh
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

buy it that chip is sublime who cares what ppl think plus being rich isnt a bad thing
Anonymous1502
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Why do you care what other people think, buy a laptop you will enjoy using. How did you MacBook last 3 years :confused: mine is 7 years old and still working very well.
Ooef
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
u got triggered that I called ur choice of laptop bad value for money awhhhh, daddy money not well spent
I don't even have a macbook lmao. You're definitely jealous of people lol get a life
sievesporks
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Honestly they're normal and not something people will/should judge you for. Get the laptop you want! They're good for graphic/editing related stuff and for general student activities. Kind of fragile laptops but Apple is just kind of like that. Just remember to not be one of those people who leaves their $$$ Macbooks unattended in the library haha.
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
We use them at work for development, haven't had any issues with it.
Tashax2
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Buy it n flaunt it don’t care about anyone else , I bought a pro last week and I love it
Gilo200
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ooef)
I don't even have a macbook lmao. You're definitely jealous of people lol get a life
I could buy a mac book whenever I wanted lmao, no need to be jealous
Ooef
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I could buy a mac book whenever I wanted lmao, no need to be jealous
Then why do u care if it's value for money or not?
nutz99
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
That’s a typically statement borne out of jealousy. Do some research and you might find that MacBooks are more reliable, more versatile and keep their value much more than Windows laptops. This is why intelligent people buy MacBooks and the unintelligent put them down.
onlytruejx68
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by nutz99)
That’s a typically statement borne out of jealousy. Do some research and you might find that MacBooks are more reliable, more versatile and keep their value much more than Windows laptops. This is why intelligent people buy MacBooks and the unintelligent put them down.
I wouldn't say things like "intelligent people buy MacBooks and the unintelligent put them down". It's all just preference. Both Windows Laptops and MacBooks have their own sets of pros and cons and you don't need to be condescending to people who buy the former.

As long as you're not being snobbish about it like the above user nobody really cares. For what it's worth, even as a long time Windows user, I'd have a hard time recommending anything other than the M1 MacBook Air if you want a premium laptop due it's insane performance (for the form factor) and battery life.
Vapordave
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by nutz99)
The price/performance ratio is much worse than non-Apple laptops (Linux exists too!)
The main pro is software, and only certain software at that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (649)
48.36%
No (693)
51.64%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise