Second degree funding

Watch this thread
Hurricanehayley5
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi!

I have a HNC in Engineering which I completed 2013. It was on part time (one day a week at college) from work and it took me 18 months to complete. I didn’t receive any funding as it was part of a higher apprenticeship.

Now I am looking to do a brand new degree with the open university in Environmental Science, however I’m worried that my HNC will impact my funding.

My HNC won’t help towards my Environmental Science degree (I.e as a first year)... and I don’t want to top up my HNC to a an Engineering degree.

Will I be eligible for funding?

BSC Environmental science is 3 year course FT at OU, or 6 years PT. (although I think it’s classed as PT regardless?) it is also on the approved funding for second degrees. (But would I still be able to apply to the 3 year FT OU course with this?)

I read somewhere as I didn’t obtain a bachelors degree level qualification and it was a part time HNC it won’t affect my funding?
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Hurricanehayley5)
Hi!

I have a HNC in Engineering which I completed 2013. It was on part time (one day a week at college) from work and it took me 18 months to complete. I didn’t receive any funding as it was part of a higher apprenticeship.

Now I am looking to do a brand new degree with the open university in Environmental Science, however I’m worried that my HNC will impact my funding.

My HNC won’t help towards my Environmental Science degree (I.e as a first year)... and I don’t want to top up my HNC to a an Engineering degree.

Will I be eligible for funding?

BSC Environmental science is 3 year course FT at OU, or 6 years PT. (although I think it’s classed as PT regardless?) it is also on the approved funding for second degrees. (But would I still be able to apply to the 3 year FT OU course with this?)

I read somewhere as I didn’t obtain a bachelors degree level qualification and it was a part time HNC it won’t affect my funding?
Hi there, please confirm the course HECoS code. You can ask the university for this.
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (14)
17.5%
The paper was reasonable (28)
35%
Not feeling great about that exam... (29)
36.25%
It was TERRIBLE (9)
11.25%

Watched Threads