Oxford Postgraduate 2021 admissions

Watch
MindVoyager
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I applied to the MSc. Refugee and Forced Migration Studies at Oxford for the January 2021 deadline. What are my chances of getting in? I have a first-class with distinction bachelors and currently in the last semester of my MSc European Social Work with Families and Children with the joint cooperation of three European Universities. I also have 2 years of work experience.
Last edited by MindVoyager; 4 weeks ago
lha89
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by MindVoyager)
I applied to the MSc. Refugee and Forced Migration Studies at Oxford for the January 2021 deadline. What are my chances of getting in? I have a first-class with distinction bachelors and currently in the last semester of my MSc European Social Work with Families and Children with the joint cooperation of three European Universities. I also have 2 years of work experience.
Hey, I was recently accepted to read for this course at Oxford (I applied to the November deadline). You sound like you have really impressive credentials, and I think it all boils down to your academic talent - with a first-class bachelors and studying for another postgraduate degree, I think you tick that box. Wishing you the best of luck with your application!
MindVoyager
Rep:
?
(Original post by lha89)
Hey, I was recently accepted to read for this course at Oxford (I applied to the November deadline). You sound like you have really impressive credentials, and I think it all boils down to your academic talent - with a first-class bachelors and studying for another postgraduate degree, I think you tick that box. Wishing you the best of luck with your application!
Hi, thank you for your feedback. When are you starting your studies at Oxford?
MindVoyager
Rep:
?
(Original post by lha89)
I will be starting in October.
That is great to hear.
Karentome
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi- I aso applied for this program and for the Latin American Studies. This is my first time applying for graduate studies and Im freaking out.
MindVoyager
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Karentome)
Hi- I aso applied for this program and for the Latin American Studies. This is my first time applying for graduate studies and Im freaking out.
Hi, that is nice to hear that you applied too. Let's hope for the best.
nrib
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by lha89)
Congrats!! So... I also applied for this course! One question -- no interviews? Cuz I read that there was a possibility. Congratulations again!! =D I hope to be accepted soon =)
lha89
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by natasharibeiro)
Congrats!! So... I also applied for this course! One question -- no interviews? Cuz I read that there was a possibility. Congratulations again!! =D I hope to be accepted soon =)
Hi, thank you so much! I didn't have an interview - I believe other applicants have only ever received an invitation to interview when there is something the department wanted to clarify within their application. Good luck!
nrib
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by lha89)
Hi, thank you so much! I didn't have an interview - I believe other applicants have only ever received an invitation to interview when there is something the department wanted to clarify within their application. Good luck!
And I'm sorry to ask, but I believe you were also anxious as we are now... How long did it take you to receive the answer? Have many people already received the letter of acceptance? I wonder how many vacancies are left for those who applied only in January... Thank you for your patience in answering hehe :P
lha89
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
And I'm sorry to ask, but I believe you were also anxious as we are now... How long did it take you to receive the answer? Have many people already received the letter of acceptance? I wonder how many vacancies are left for those who applied only in January... Thank you for your patience in answering hehe :P
It took around 9 weeks for me to receive my offer! I know that rejections were sent out after the offers, so they took a bit longer. I'm not sure how many people were accepted after the November deadline, but I know that there were some people who were told that they would be assessed in the January deadline, rather than the November deadline.
nrib
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by lha89)
It took around 9 weeks for me to receive my offer! I know that rejections were sent out after the offers, so they took a bit longer. I'm not sure how many people were accepted after the November deadline, but I know that there were some people who were told that they would be assessed in the January deadline, rather than the November deadline.
Do you know more people who have also received the letter? (from Nov deadline) I keep feeling bad for not having applied in November, thinking that there are few places left =(

It's still early, only 4 weeks since the January deadline, but as I have seen some people from other courses receiving results, I'm anxious hehehe

Fingers crossed now!
lha89
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Do you know more people who have also received the letter? (from Nov deadline) I keep feeling bad for not having applied in November, thinking that there are few places left =(

It's still early, only 4 weeks since the January deadline, but as I have seen some people from other courses receiving results, I'm anxious hehehe

Fingers crossed now!
Yes, I do know a few others who received their acceptance after the Nov deadline! I'm just not sure how many in total. I know it's such a nerve-wracking wait, but hopefully it will be over for you soon! I wouldn't expect anything earlier than the timeline that they've given, but you never know.
nrib
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by lha89)
Yes, I do know a few others who received their acceptance after the Nov deadline! I'm just not sure how many in total. I know it's such a nerve-wracking wait, but hopefully it will be over for you soon! I wouldn't expect anything earlier than the timeline that they've given, but you never know.
If you don't mind me asking... What is your academic/professional background?

Thank you for your patience in answering all my questions! I hope we will be classmates in the future and I promise to be a more pleasant and less anxious person hahaha
nrib
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by lha89)
Hi, thanks for the reply! I sent you a PM, but I'm not sure if you received it (I tried to reply to yours and the system sent a message that I was new to the platform and still couldn't send private messages; but then I tried to send it directly through your profile -- not sure if you received the message).

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (428)
51.75%
No (399)
48.25%

Watched Threads