nataliegorenx
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hey, so ive applied to study Drama&Theatre, Economics and Business as I want to be an actress yet incase that isnt doable, I also enjoy business. yet, my parents dont think i should do drama as its not a stable career and especially w covid-19 theres less jobs n oppurtunities. But i love acting, it makes me feel so alive. I dont know what to do because what if i waste an a level and dont do anything with it? What else can i do with an Drama&Theatre qualification?
Also, at first my stepmom(baso my mom) said she wanted me to go dudley college because its closer, then told me not to because she works there n its terrible there, so i applied for halesowen, yet now shes tellin me to go dudley because its closer?!!? My mind is so confused. What A-levels should i take?
casiee__xo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by nataliegorenx)
Hey, so ive applied to study Drama&Theatre, Economics and Business as I want to be an actress yet incase that isnt doable, I also enjoy business. yet, my parents dont think i should do drama as its not a stable career and especially w covid-19 theres less jobs n oppurtunities. But i love acting, it makes me feel so alive. I dont know what to do because what if i waste an a level and dont do anything with it? What else can i do with an Drama&Theatre qualification?
Also, at first my stepmom(baso my mom) said she wanted me to go dudley college because its closer, then told me not to because she works there n its terrible there, so i applied for halesowen, yet now shes tellin me to go dudley because its closer?!!? My mind is so confused. What A-levels should i take?
.same im struggling what alevels to pick i love bussiness and really wan go halesowen college but i acc dont know lol i might jus go to my secondary school sixth form cahh its easier lol
username54
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
take the business, economics and drama. Its important to choose a subject u enjoy as well and with business and economics, u could go on to do a business related degree if drama doesn't work out
nataliegorenx
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
(Original post by casiee__xo)
.same im struggling what alevels to pick i love bussiness and really wan go halesowen college but i acc dont know lol i might jus go to my secondary school sixth form cahh its easier lol
I mean i love the marketig of business and theres so much i can do with business- i just dont know what to do.
If you love business- go halesowen, youll regret it if you dont
Ht20024
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hello
I know I am late to this however I was in a similar situation two years ago. My parents were so against me doing drama and theatre studies at alevel but I loved it and was good at it (ended up being my best gcse and highest target for alevel) I did it for alevel and it is hard I will admit but if you love it do it. Even if you change your mind about going into drama, it has really helped with my uni applications and work experience. I also have friends who are opting for drama school and work starting September and they agree that the alevel has helped them know so much more. At the end of the day do what you enjoy, alevels are hard and if your not enjoying what your doing to an extent then you won’t succeed as well as you want to!
Hope this helps in some way x
vibinhard
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Well, alot of people told me when I asked on thestudentroom that economics and business is not a good choice together and economics is a much sought after subject by universities, so I would say if there is something you else you enjoy replace business with it. In the end it is your choice.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (31)
28.97%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (10)
9.35%
No I am happy with my choice (59)
55.14%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (7)
6.54%

Watched Threads