The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

University of Manchester - is the PPE course good?

Is Manchester good in comparison to other unis like Sheffield, UCL, Durham etc. I know Manchester is more known for physics and sciences but is PPE also pretty good?
Original post by ImpKing0
Is Manchester good in comparison to other unis like Sheffield, UCL, Durham etc. I know Manchester is more known for physics and sciences but is PPE also pretty good?

UCL is better... but i am also confused between MAnchester and Durham.. I’ve heard different things and can’t finalise between the two.... someone please help between Manchester and Durham ... i also have a thread asking deep into the comparison..... need help asap deadline is in 3 days
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Most i know about Durham is that in terms of demographics its much less diverse and urban than Manchester. Durham has a
Original post by ImpKing0

Hey!

3rd year Sheffield student here! I'm doing Politics & Philosophy (they weren't offering PPE when I applied, unfortunately) and my experience with both departments has been incredible. I've considered Manchester too but I decided to go to Sheffield particularly because I heard that the department of Politics was top notch in research and teaching, and the department of Philosophy had no compulsory modules so I could customise my degree how I wanted which I did. One of the best things in my experience has been the level of support and guidance they offer and I've noticed this especially comparing my experience to that of my friends who went to other Unis. The academic and admin staff were always wonderful and super helpful and the library resources and everything else is honestly better than I expected.

The city (which is quite an important part too) is quite different and the vibe is nothing like Manchester it's less busy and noisy and has a really cosy and friendly student vibe. Apart from the league tables, which I'm sure you've already checked, I'd suggest trying to see some perspectives from current students at each of the Unis you're considering to get an idea of what your experience there could be like. Let me know if you have any questions that I could answer! :smile:

Andreea

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending