MSc pre-registration course - funding

Watch this thread
GSJones
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,

I've just found a question which is very similar to mine, but it won't let me add to that thread, and I just wanted to clarify a couple of points.

I'm currently in my third year of an undergrad degree, receiving finance in the form of tuition fees, maintenance loan and parents learning allowance. I'm looking to apply to an MSc in occupational therapy (pre-registration) course, starting in January 2022. Will the funding for the MSc be the same as I'm currently receiving for my undergrad course? So, full tuition fee, maintenance loan and PLA?

Also, I'll be applying for the NHS Learning Support Fund. If I receive this will that impact on the amount of funding I would receive from SFE?

Many thanks
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by GSJones)
Hi,

I've just found a question which is very similar to mine, but it won't let me add to that thread, and I just wanted to clarify a couple of points.

I'm currently in my third year of an undergrad degree, receiving finance in the form of tuition fees, maintenance loan and parents learning allowance. I'm looking to apply to an MSc in occupational therapy (pre-registration) course, starting in January 2022. Will the funding for the MSc be the same as I'm currently receiving for my undergrad course? So, full tuition fee, maintenance loan and PLA?

Also, I'll be applying for the NHS Learning Support Fund. If I receive this will that impact on the amount of funding I would receive from SFE?

Many thanks
Hi, you should apply for undergraduate funding for this course. The loan application will launch in March this year, so you should apply for funding as soon as possible - you don't need to have been accepted by the university in order to apply for funding. You should apply for funding before being accepted onto the course.

If you are eligible for the NHS Grant https://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/nhs-learni...training-grant then you will still be able to receive full funding from SFE as the NHS grant does not affect anything.
Thanks, Isaac
kb502
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi, I currently hold a biochemistry UG degree but also did 2 years of sports science before switching. Will I also be able to claim the full amount of funding from SFE?And for the tuition fee loan do you get £9250 or do you get the higher amount (£10250) to cover the extra fees per year as it's a masters?Many thanks,Kate
Erin SFE
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by kb502)
Hi, I currently hold a biochemistry UG degree but also did 2 years of sports science before switching. Will I also be able to claim the full amount of funding from SFE?And for the tuition fee loan do you get £9250 or do you get the higher amount (£10250) to cover the extra fees per year as it's a masters?Many thanks,Kate
Hi Kate,

Would this be for a masters course?

Thanks, Erin
kb502
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi Erin,This is for MSc pre-registration physiotherapy.Best, Kate
Erin SFE
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by kb502)
Hi Erin,This is for MSc pre-registration physiotherapy.Best, Kate
If this is classed as a Postgraduate Healthcare course, then you apply as an undergraduate student, this means you can apply for a Tuition Fee Loan and Maintenance Loan.

Thanks, Erin
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (121)
40.6%
They're exactly what I expected (73)