A2 level choices. Stuck between physics and chemistry!

Watch
pinkflamingo234
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Help!
I am currently studying AS levels Biology, Physics, Chemistry and sport science and i am not sure what i should continue to do at A2.
I love biology and PE so those are two for definite however i don't know whether to pick physics or chemistry as i don't love either. I am worried I won't perform as good as people doing both maths and physics in A2 physics.

I am also interested in a career in physiotherapy or something sport/medical related and biology is the main one anyway. So Chemistry or Physics at A2? And which is better for physiotherapy?
Last edited by pinkflamingo234; 5 months ago
hello192837
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi 😊I'd say do chemistry if you want to do something medical related, as you will need both biology and chemistry for any medical degree. Especially if you think you won't do as well at physics.
All universities require you to have both a biology and chemistry A level plus one other A - level
And you'll obviously need to do sport if you want to do physiotherapy
Hope this helps x
aaron2578
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I think physics would be better for physiotherapy, but biology is usually the only required subject, and chemistry would still be good for it.
Anything medical related would require both biology and chemistry.

Have you considered not doing any of those? They are difficult subjects (as I'm sure you've found out from AS) and sometimes taking a stranger combination of subjects that you enjoy is better than looking for the 'ideal' combination for the future.
pinkflamingo234
Rep:
?
(Original post by aaron2578)
I think physics would be better for physiotherapy, but biology is usually the only required subject, and chemistry would still be good for it.
Anything medical related would require both biology and chemistry.

Have you considered not doing any of those? They are difficult subjects (as I'm sure you've found out from AS) and sometimes taking a stranger combination of subjects that you enjoy is better than looking for the 'ideal' combination for the future.
Thanks for your reply!
I definitely want to do physiotherapy rather than medicine and it is definitely hard to know whether doing physics or chemistry will benefit me more. I'm not the biggest maths person but i think if if i put the work into physics A2 i could do well as i enjoy the theory writing side of it.

I chose 3 sciences and sport science for A level when i was 15 so if i could go back i would possibly have done Sport Science, Biology, and only 1 more science rather than 2 and choose something different. Im still happy with my choices, so it's just really a matter of choosing physics or chemistry to carry on. It is definitely a hard decision as a find different parts of both difficult.
pinkflamingo234
Rep:
?
(Original post by hello192837)
Hi 😊I'd say do chemistry if you want to do something medical related, as you will need both biology and chemistry for any medical degree. Especially if you think you won't do as well at physics.
All universities require you to have both a biology and chemistry A level plus one other A - level
And you'll obviously need to do sport if you want to do physiotherapy
Hope this helps x
Thankyou for your reply! I know chemistry is widely known to be related to medicine and medical type careers. I don't think i quite enjoy it as much and find some parts challenging. i think there will be less pressure when i only have 3 A levels to worry about rather than an extra science in the mix.
aaron2578
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by pinkflamingo234)
Thanks for your reply!
I definitely want to do physiotherapy rather than medicine and it is definitely hard to know whether doing physics or chemistry will benefit me more. I'm not the biggest maths person but i think if if i put the work into physics A2 i could do well as i enjoy the theory writing side of it.

I chose 3 sciences and sport science for A level when i was 15 so if i could go back i would possibly have done Sport Science, Biology, and only 1 more science rather than 2 and choose something different. Im still happy with my choices, so it's just really a matter of choosing physics or chemistry to carry on. It is definitely a hard decision as a find different parts of both difficult.
If you're set on physiotherapy, then physics will be a bit more beneficial to you - but it won't be any different from chemistry in the eyes of universities. Pick whichever one you find easier/like a bit more.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (21)
17.21%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (40)
32.79%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (12)
9.84%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (13)
10.66%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (5)
4.1%
I think it's an unfair expectation (29)
23.77%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
1.64%

Watched Threads