mollyrose3108
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Sa05y1)
I am wondering the same thing as well.

I stupidly thought I HAD to pick up to 5 for two applications 😑
that's what i thought too! I'm emailing them to remove my last choice from my application.. knowing my luck if i was successful id probably be given the one i cant get to :rolleyes:
Lorraine12
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Good idea for this thread ...
pom_plms
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi there!
Has anyone had issues with creating a DBS account? It's not working on any browser for me, probably a server issue.

Also, my status changed today to: "We are currently updating your application. We will provide further updates in due course.", and I'm not sure if that is a positive or negative thing. 😶
alf.
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I'm really amazed that my last thread hit 10,000 posts - the student room has provided an amazing platform to discuss this recruitment process.

Keep going all, the resources available from peer interaction is invaluable.

For everyone moving forward with these recruitments I wish you all the very best
my_dog_cassie
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Just got the reserve list email for East and North Group - East Scotland, anyone else applied for that area?

I applied in November and got the conditional offer 18th Dec, I'm assuming all hope is now lost? Such a long process!
mollyrose3108
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by pom_plms)
Hi there!
Has anyone had issues with creating a DBS account? It's not working on any browser for me, probably a server issue.

Also, my status changed today to: "We are currently updating your application. We will provide further updates in due course.", and I'm not sure if that is a positive or negative thing. 😶
What stage are you on?
Steelkane
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hows all the September applicants going? Any updates? I heard people in my region have got phone calls with start dates this week so keeping my phone very close 🤞
SkanPad
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Anyone applying on the recent campaign? The questions have changed at initial behaviour stage, did anyone use a previous behaviour or did you realign with a general communicating and influencing answer?
L77tan
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi guys... did anyone on here miss the initial call? And how long after did they call you back?
Sa05y1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by mollyrose3108)
that's what i thought too! I'm emailing them to remove my last choice from my application.. knowing my luck if i was successful id probably be given the one i cant get to :rolleyes:
Please keep me updated
pom_plms
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by mollyrose3108)
What stage are you on?
Reserve list for one, provisional offer for the other. Same status for both.
pinkmoon
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by northernbird15)
....Attachment 995276
What kind of recruitment process is this ?? Madness jump through all the hoops get conditional offer and then after pecs get put on reserve !! Absolute joke ....so annoyed 😒
I feel your pain... we have had similar timelines but I don't think we're alone. Seems to be quite common!
pinkmoon
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by my_dog_cassie)
Just got the reserve list email for East and North Group - East Scotland, anyone else applied for that area?

I applied in November and got the conditional offer 18th Dec, I'm assuming all hope is now lost? Such a long process!
Yes, I applied here too and same circumstances, got a conditional offer and then backtracked to reserves. I got the reserve email about a week ago and been cranky ever since haha! Very frustrating!
mollyrose3108
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by pinkmoon)
Yes, I applied here too and same circumstances, got a conditional offer and then backtracked to reserves. I got the reserve email about a week ago and been cranky ever since haha! Very frustrating!
Have you put in a complaint about it? Just so wrong 😒
Megaaant
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Has anyone here applied for the South West?
KEScholar
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
If anyone has any experience of working in West London or North London- which location would be more preferable between West London and North London and why?

Do they all train at the Caxton House?
CJC95
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Does anyone know how long it takes if you have to re-send employment checks? Basically I was employed up until September 2020 so only added employment history until that point. I didn’t realise that I had to put that I was unemployed from Sept ‘20 until present. I have now done this and sent it back straight away, just hoping it doesn’t take another two weeks like it did the first time around!
Trish111122
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by CJC95)
Does anyone know how long it takes if you have to re-send employment checks? Basically I was employed up until September 2020 so only added employment history until that point. I didn’t realise that I had to put that I was unemployed from Sept ‘20 until present. I have now done this and sent it back straight away, just hoping it doesn’t take another two weeks like it did the first time around!
I did exactly the same , updated info on 10th jan . Received the call with start date and location 23rd and formal contract and offer today . Hope that answers your question
Ama86!
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
A question for those who have done PEC checks, how long did it take from you completing them for dwp to process? Or at least how long till they contacted your employer reference/counter signatory?
username5524878
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Ama86!)
A question for those who have done PEC checks, how long did it take from you completing them for dwp to process? Or at least how long till they contacted your employer reference/counter signatory?
They contacted my references and counter signatory the same day. From submission to vetting confirming my checks were complete was 12 days total.

But..My partner submitted his checks about 5 days ago and his references etc haven't even been contacted yet. It really varies.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (57)
19.19%
Virtual accommodation tour (41)
13.8%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (15)
5.05%
Video content about the local area (2)
0.67%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.7%
Taster lectures or seminars (69)
23.23%
Speak to current students studying my course (61)
20.54%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (12)
4.04%
Fun online activities or experiences (12)
4.04%
Connecting with careers services or employers (7)
2.36%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (4)
1.35%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (6)
2.02%

Watched Threads