The Student Room Group

Continued... DWP Work Coach Vacancies July, September, November 2021

Scroll to see replies

Can anyone give a bit more info on the dress code? I know office wear is pretty self explanatory but don't want to go too formal and vise versa! Are skirts etc needing to be below the knee?

Sorry over thinking it most probably 😂
Original post by Temitopz
Hi Everyone!

I’ve waited so long to type this but I have been given a start date. I know other East London applicants can under the disappointment of the reserve list email however there is light at the end of the tunnel !!! I began the process in November and only just got the call!!

Congrats! Did your references checks get completed before the call?

If so, how long was it since submitting PEC to getting a email with them completed?
Original post by Temitopz
Hi Everyone!

I’ve waited so long to type this but I have been given a start date. I know other East London applicants can under the disappointment of the reserve list email however there is light at the end of the tunnel !!! I began the process in November and only just got the call!!

I got my call for East London this morning too! I start on the 12th of April :smile:
Original post by _ruby_
Can anyone give a bit more info on the dress code? I know office wear is pretty self explanatory but don't want to go too formal and vise versa! Are skirts etc needing to be below the knee?

Sorry over thinking it most probably 😂

Make an impression on your first day and dress smart :smile:

Other than that, it’s smart casual. No jeans. And you’re allowed to wear short skirts dw.

I wore the following on my first week:
- Ribbed knit dress (which was short) with tights
- Black trousers and a thin high neck jumper
- Black pinafore dress (which was short) with a grey high neck jumper
- Black skinny trousers, white t shirt and a dark reddish/pink blazer

I hope this helps :smile:
Original post by Sa05y1
Make an impression on your first day and dress smart :smile:

Other than that, it’s smart casual. No jeans. And you’re allowed to wear short skirts dw.

I wore the following on my first week:
- Ribbed knit dress (which was short) with tights
- Black trousers and a thin high neck jumper
- Black pinafore dress (which was short) with a grey high neck jumper
- Black skinny trousers, white t shirt and a dark reddish/pink blazer

I hope this helps :smile:

Ahh thanks so much that's so helpful! 😊
I submitted my PECS details on the 28th of Jan. References and DBS were attained around a week later but still waiting for an outcome.
Original post by ShaunW5000
Congrats! Did your references checks get completed before the call?

If so, how long was it since submitting PEC to getting a email with them completed?

My reference checks are not complete yet.
I initially submitted my PEC on 02/12/2020 but I needed to update on 07/12/2020.
Congrats guys 👏👏👏
Have my phone attached to me now. Fingers crossed I get the call too (East London, November campaign)
Anyone who has started, is it relatively easy to book a holidays in?
A position has come up in my area for a work coach. I have already applied for another area and all checks have been completed just waiting on confirmed offer. However I would much prefer to be closer to home. Has anyone not accepted the their first offer and secured a position in different area from a subsequent campaign?
Original post by Coseyblue146
A position has come up in my area for a work coach. I have already applied for another area and all checks have been completed just waiting on confirmed offer. However I would much prefer to be closer to home. Has anyone not accepted the their first offer and secured a position in different area from a subsequent campaign?

Not related to your question but just out of curiosity, when you submitted your PEC how long was it until your checks completed email came through?
Does anybody know how it works if you apply for a different campaign but have a application already for another campaign?

Will I have to do the whole process again or will they take my results from my first application and apply them to my other application?
Not related to your question but just out of curiosity, when you submitted your PEC how long was it until your checks completed email came through?

Oh good question... I am assuming they are now complete as my referee has been contacted and would assume that would be the last check 🙈 could be completely wrong! My status changed on the application centre saying they were updating my application which was different from what it had said previously.
Oh good question... I am assuming they are now complete as my referee has been contacted and would assume that would be the last check 🙈 could be completely wrong! My status changed on the application centre saying they were updating my application which was different from what it had said previously.

Ahh okay.

My application says

We are currently updating your application. We will provide further updates in due course.

Been on reserve 2 weeks from last Monday. All references got contacted, dbs check etc.
Does anybody know how it works if you apply for a different campaign but have a application already for another campaign?

Will I have to do the whole process again or will they take my results from my first application and apply them to my other application?

I was sure on the website that you wouldn’t need to do it all again however I applied for a different location this morning and it’s asking me to complete the situational judgement test again. I’m going to contact through the chat function.
Ahh okay.

My application says

We are currently updating your application. We will provide further updates in due course.

Been on reserve 2 weeks from last Monday. All references got contacted, dbs check etc.

Yeah that’s what mines says too, probably about 2 weeks since it changed. Was put on the reserve list the day after I had provisional offer. Looking at other posts some areas where putting everyone on reserve list then placing them when they had pop up offices running. When did you apply? It’s such a lengthy process.

I was sure on the website that you wouldn’t need to do it all again however I applied for a different location this morning and it’s asking me to complete the situational judgement test again. I’m going to contact through the chat function.

Found this... looks like it is just the test again
If you apply for more than one vacancy in this campaign you will have to take the online test for each advert. If you pass the online test your form will be sifted once and the score applied to all of your other applications. If successful at sift you will be interviewed once only and the interview score applied to all adverts.
Yeah that’s what mines says too, probably about 2 weeks since it changed. Was put on the reserve list the day after I had provisional offer. Looking at other posts some areas where putting everyone on reserve list then placing them when they had pop up offices running. When did you apply? It’s such a lengthy process.

Applied in January.

Found this... looks like it is just the test again
If you apply for more than one vacancy in this campaign you will have to take the online test for each advert. If you pass the online test your form will be sifted once and the score applied to all of your other applications. If successful at sift you will be interviewed once only and the interview score applied to all adverts.

Yep. I have just completed the online test for another campaign, so hopefully that is it and they’ll just take my scores from my video interview from my other application.
Applied in January.

Same had my interview 7th January for surrounding Glasgow area.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending