The Student Room Group

Tinder match dissappeared.. What happened?

So...

I matched with a girl on Tinder, Sunday afternoon. We had a great back and forth conversation for several hours. Then we both said our goodbyes and ended the chat late Sunday night. We seemed to have so much in common. So I messaged her again yesterday 5pm with no reply. I just find it odd with someone who was once so responsive to them go 24 hours without response. This seems to happen a lot and it sucks. What happened here? I think it's either:

1). She matched with someone else and is ignoring me now.
2). She's busy (but it is lockdown after all)
3). She's playing hard to get/forward slash testing me.

What do you think? Why do things like this keep happening?
Just take the default position of never expecting anything from dating/hookup apps like Tinder, PoF etc. There's tons of girls just talking for attention and entertainment, who then will ghost you. Also a lot of men that do that to women too, it isn't completely one sided.

So basically there is just no care for people on those apps/sites, people don't treat others like human beings with feelings. You should really just not expect anything... the sad truth. Sometimes you might meet someone genuine on there but it is rare.
its their form of entertainment when they are bored of someone they move on to someone new and the cycle repeats.
Heterosexual girls on hookup apps/online dating sites/chat forums tend to get a very large amount of messages from guys.
It can be very time consuming to reply to all the messages and keep track of all conversations.
Most girls don't even try to respond to all reasonable messages; they prioritorise the most interesting, funny or those from the profiles of guys that they view as the most sexually appealing.

Many girls logon to tinder & other online dating sites when they are not looking for a relationship or to ever meet anyone from the site/app.
They are only looking to chat casually when they are bored, wanting some male attention or seeking to make some online friends.
I sometimes use sites like badoo to chat & make new friends but make it very clear on all my profiles that I am not looking for a hookup or relationship.
It seems that a few people are even using online dating sites to ask for charity donations for their favourite causes or trying to increase their social media followings.
Tinder is just for entertainment purposes to pass time by. I download the app to have conversations until I am done, and then delete the app.
Reply 5
You're all right. I know girls get about 100 matches for every guys 1 match. There's probably no exaggerating there. It's just demoralising. I've deleted Tinder now anyway. Dating in the pandemic is just untenable
Original post by Anonymous
So...

I matched with a girl on Tinder, Sunday afternoon. We had a great back and forth conversation for several hours. Then we both said our goodbyes and ended the chat late Sunday night. We seemed to have so much in common. So I messaged her again yesterday 5pm with no reply. I just find it odd with someone who was once so responsive to them go 24 hours without response. This seems to happen a lot and it sucks. What happened here? I think it's either:

1). She matched with someone else and is ignoring me now.
2). She's busy (but it is lockdown after all)
3). She's playing hard to get/forward slash testing me.

What do you think? Why do things like this keep happening?

Honestly some girls will use tinder when their bored or just change their mind. Some hhave so many guys in their inbox losing one doesn’t matter.

just move on. If you are keen after chatting to someone for a while best to ask for snapchat or something that way you’ll know if they actually want to chat or are just passing time.
Reply 7
Original post by mnot
Honestly some girls will use tinder when their bored or just change their mind. Some hhave so many guys in their inbox losing one doesn’t matter.

just move on. If you are keen after chatting to someone for a while best to ask for snapchat or something that way you’ll know if they actually want to chat or are just passing time.

I'm kicking myself. I should have asked for her a number a lot sooner.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm kicking myself. I should have asked for her a number a lot sooner.

I really doubt that would have changed anything

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending