The Student Room Group

CONFUSED!Do I have to put my previous grades on UCAS or will my new grades be enough?

I have resit my AS level exams and received the results and I want to know if I have to put my most recent grades only or if I have to put my previous grades along with my newer recent grades.
Original post by OvtsiderHeart
I have resit my AS level exams and received the results and I want to know if I have to put my most recent grades only or if I have to put my previous grades along with my newer recent grades.

You’ll need to enter both sets of results on your application.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Admit-One
You’ll need to enter both sets of results on your application.

Do I need to provide reasons for resitting? I've had to resit my exams 3 times but I don't think I'd be comfortable talking about it though. :frown:
Original post by OvtsiderHeart
Do I need to provide reasons for resitting? I've had to resit my exams 3 times but I don't think I'd be comfortable talking about it though. :frown:

Not if you don’t wish to. If it was something serious like ill health or family issues, your referee could discuss this in their reference. Alternatively you could complete each unis process for submitting mitigating circumstances.
Original post by Admit-One
Not if you don’t wish to. If it was something serious like ill health or family issues, your referee could discuss this in their reference. Alternatively you could complete each unis process for submitting mitigating circumstances.

Honestly, nothing that happened to me can be classified as a mitigating circumstance. I'll be honest, I was quite a slacker in school, with bad work ethics. But I was very competitive with my extracurriculars. After I graduated out of school, I took a year out and studied my a levels. Then I went back to school and retook all my classes (like a good kid) and passed them all with average to good grades. I'm studying for my last year now.

My family also had financial problems.

I really don't want to talk about it, though. Not to the unis or even my referee for that matter.
yes, you have to include them. i was told that you can be penalised if you don't. some unis can afford to be picky about resits and first sittings. like, for example, one of the unis i'm applying to is glasgow and they wanted like 4 highers first sitting.
Original post by cchloepx
yes, you have to include them. i was told that you can be penalised if you don't. some unis can afford to be picky about resits and first sittings. like, for example, one of the unis i'm applying to is glasgow and they wanted like 4 highers first sitting.

Oh so is it like they're of how many exams the student takes on one sitting?
Cuz for me, I sat all three of my AS level exams twice and I'll do A2 this year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending