Hard Games or Easy Games

Watch
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Which do you prefer?

Of course one game might be hard for one person yet not so hard for another so I am going define a hard game as a game where you regularly keep losing 3+ lives/game over at bosses or certain parts of the game ...and this often repeats itself at new bosses or new parts of the game. or you keep getting "stuck" at certain points in the game and it takes you ages and ages to figure out what to do.

an easy game is a game where you never lose lives or rarely lose lives/game over. like if you complete the game with only loosing 0 to 2 lives. and where you don't typically get stuck in places.

I'm ngl if i had to pick one, i'd pick the easy game....,
don't get me wrong, i like a challenge, but if it gets to the point where i'm constantly dying it starts to get frustrating imo....and the game stops becoming fun. There's a few games where i've actually stopped playing completely because i kept dying and wasn't enjoying it no more....
Brayden Harris
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ANM775)
Which do you prefer?

Of course one game might be hard for one person yet not so hard for another so I am going define a hard game as a game where you regularly keep losing 3+ lives/game over at bosses or certain parts of the game ...and this often repeats itself at new bosses or new parts of the game. or you keep getting "stuck" at certain points in the game and it takes you ages and ages to figure out what to do.

an easy game is a game where you never lose lives or rarely lose lives/game over. like if you complete the game with only loosing 0 to 2 lives. and where you don't typically get stuck in places.

don't get me wrong, i like a challenge, but if it gets to the point where i'm constantly dying it starts to get frustrating imo....and the game stops becoming fun. There's a few games where i've actually stopped playing completely because i kept dying and wasn't enjoying it no more....
i love hard games speaking of games what games did you quit playing and do you play roblox?????????????????????????? ??????????????????????
ozzyoscy
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Easy unless it's a sports game, then it's unplayable.

Hard if I can use cheats at bad parts.
ANM775
Rep:
?
(Original post by Brayden Harris)
i love hard games speaking of games what games did you quit playing and do you play roblox?????????????????????????? ??????????????????????
i don't play roblox

I quit resident evil 5, resident evil 7 (im not good at fps and don't like them, maybe because i'm not good at them)
i quit metal gear solid 5
i'm probably going to quit super mario bros delux U on the switch as i keep dying at one part...

I started playing dmc4 recently and found each boss taking 3 to 8 tries ......so after stage 5 decided i could be arsed playing anymore.
i tried the demo of dmc5 and had 3 tries at the first boss and died. i decided im not gonna buy the game
Arthur_Morgan
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hard games.

Perfecting your skills so that you're able to beat a super difficult boss is really rewarding.

It took me 6 straight hours to beat Sigrun on Give Me God of War difficulty. Once I'd learnt her attack patterns and perfected my combos, beating her literally made me feel like a God.

The dopamine hit is worth it imo.
ANM775
Rep:
?
(Original post by Arthur_Morgan)
Hard games.

Perfecting your skills so that you're able to beat a super difficult boss is really rewarding.

It took me 6 straight hours to beat Sigrun on Give Me God of War difficulty. Once I'd learnt her attack patterns and perfected my combos, beating her literally made me feel like a God.

I've never spent 6 hours on a boss...,
i do not think i would spend that long personally.

After around 3 tries I start to get a bit frustrated. by 6 tries i will be frustrated. by 8 tries i am debating giving up/not enjoying the experience no more.
I do not find the sense of accomplishment for beating a hard boss outweighs hours of frustration for me...

I think Final Fantasy 7 remake is a game that I think hit the nail on the head in terms of difficulty. I found it challenging, and did die at some parts ....but it never got to the point where i was dying super frequently or dying so often at bosses i started to get super frustrated. i think the most times i died at part was 3 or 4 times.

As for God of War, i'm playing on normal difficult... i've found a few bosses challenging and died a few times but it hasn't got the point yet where it's impeding my enjoyment. i have felt a sense of accomplishment in beating some bosses on that game i found hard.
Arthur_Morgan
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I've never spent 6 hours on a boss...,
i do not think i would spend that long personally.

After around 3 tries I start to get a bit frustrated. by 6 tries i will be frustrated. by 8 tries i am debating giving up/not enjoying the experience no more.
I do not find the sense of accomplishment for beating a hard boss outweighs hours of frustration for me...

I think Final Fantasy 7 remake is a game that I think hit the nail on the head in terms of difficulty. I found it challenging, and did die at some parts ....but it never got to the point where i was dying super frequently or dying so often at bosses i started to get super frustrated. i think the most times i died at part was 3 or 4 times.

As for God of War, i'm playing on normal difficult... i've found a few bosses challenging and died a few times but it hasn't got the point yet where it's impeding my enjoyment. i have felt a sense of accomplishment in beating some bosses on that game i found hard.
All gamers are different at the end of the day. Just find the type of difficulty you enjoy and go from there.

As for me, I'm a glutton for pain (and a bit of a completionist) so imma continue to chase those endless deaths until I git gud

Oh btw, you might wanna avoid Doom Eternal. That sh*ts brutal at times.
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Bit of both, I will grind Hitman for weeks to get perfect kills or rage playing Doom. But sometimes I just want easy fun like Battlefield 1 where I can mindlessly shoot people without issue.
kittyfifi123456
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
love every game lol
CosmicApathy1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hard games.

This reminds me of beating Champions Road in Super Mario 3D World. It's the final level in the game and goddamn it Nintendo made sure you knew it was the final level. I spent 4 hours trying to beat that **** to the point that I started jumping through the level like it was nothing (yeah there's no checkpoints) and I finally beat the end segment of the level and beat the game and that dopamine hit was massive.
AngryJellyfish
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Definitely depends on my mood. Sometimes I welcome the challenge of a harder game, other times I just want something stress-free to kill time with.
Arthur_Morgan
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by CosmicApathy1)
This reminds me of beating Champions Road in Super Mario 3D World. It's the final level in the game and goddamn it Nintendo made sure you knew it was the final level. I spent 4 hours trying to beat that **** to the point that I started jumping through the level like it was nothing (yeah there's no checkpoints) and I finally beat the end segment of the level and beat the game and that dopamine hit was massive.
Is that the world/hub you unlock after you beat the final boss? Cos I remember getting to that point years ago and finding the bonus levels super challenging.

Never did finish them sadly :/
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If it is hard and fair, I don't mind to play games on that difficulty level. But if it is unfair hard, say one hit death, hardly or no checkpoints to continue, a lot of enemies around you that it is impossible to beat them down or to dodge, I would lose my interest in the game easily. Rather the easy way then!
CosmicApathy1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kallisto)
If it is hard and fair, I don't mind to play games on that difficulty level. But if it is unfair hard, say one hit death, hardly or no checkpoints to continue, a lot of enemies around you that it is impossible to beat them down or to dodge, I would lose my interest in the game easily. Rather the easy way then!
Oh do I have a bullsh*t game for you.
Name:  crash-bandicoot-4-cover.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  173.5 KB
(Seriously, Crash 4 is too bullsh*t even for me. I don't particularly like this one.)
Last edited by CosmicApathy1; 1 month ago
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I play video games to relax not stress out.
KaitlynJ
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Which do you prefer?

I like both the same, but I think I drift more to loving it the harder it is. Dark Souls was pretty fun (and maybe a bit aggravating at times) because it was hard
CosmicApathy1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Is that the world/hub you unlock after you beat the final boss? Cos I remember getting to that point years ago and finding the bonus levels super challenging.

Never did finish them sadly :/
Yes it's the final final level. The levels even before that were ball bustingly difficult but Champions Road is something else. It almost broke me lol.
Arthur_Morgan
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes it's the final final level. The levels even before that were ball bustingly difficult but Champions Road is something else. It almost broke me lol.
You're making me wanna go back to my OG save and beat Champions Road just so I can come back here and flex on you all
ANM775
Rep:
?
The game is coming to the switch soon meaning i'll will play it at some point.

I just had a look at that level on youtube and tbh .....it looks like a right b***ch to do. that disappearing block part looked especially difficult.....

You're making me wanna go back to my OG save and beat Champions Road just so I can come back here and flex on you all
Since you're such a fan of hard games put your money where your mouth is and do et 😈
Arthur_Morgan
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Since you're such a fan of hard games put your money where your mouth is and do et 😈
That means I'd have to unplug one of my consoles and set up the Wii U. I'm too lazy for that.

I'm not making excuses nuh uh no way :nah:

:ninja:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (62)
12.7%
Virtual campus tours/open days (114)
23.36%
Live streaming events (44)
9.02%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (47)
9.63%
A uni comparison tool (111)
22.75%
An in-person event when available (110)
22.54%