Hard Games or Easy Games

Watch
CatGentleman
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It depends. If it's a work day and I am tired, easy games. If I am off and I have time and energy, hard games.
CosmicApathy1
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Arthur_Morgan)
You're making me wanna go back to my OG save and beat Champions Road just so I can come back here and flex on you all
Usually the act of myself getting flexed on makes me incredibly salty but if you manage to beat it in less than 2 hours, I'll be forced to applaud you. That level is such a *****.
Arthur_Morgan
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by CosmicApathy1)
Usually the act of myself getting flexed on makes me incredibly salty but if you manage to beat it in less than 2 hours, I'll be forced to applaud you. That level is such a *****.
I'll save you the saltiness by avoiding that level for now. I'm too busy playing Tomb Raider anyways and far too lazy to set up my Wii U.

I know I know, excuses excuses :rolleyes: :lol:
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Easy games, I'm no masochist I don't enjoy getting pissed off either.
CosmicApathy1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Arthur_Morgan)
I'll save you the saltiness by avoiding that level for now. I'm too busy playing Tomb Raider anyways and far too lazy to set up my Wii U.

I know I know, excuses excuses :rolleyes: :lol:
The switch port is coming. If you have a switch then you can flex all you want
Arthur_Morgan
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don't unfortunately Really wanna get one though.
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Oh do I have a bullsh*t game for you.
Attachment 995492
(Seriously, Crash 4 is too bullsh*t even for me. I don't particularly like this one.)
Is it really so unfair hard? I watched walkthroughs to the game and it is obviously tough, but in an extent that it is unplayable? that makes me sad.
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I have it, it leaked early

and I couldn't resist it

I had a play of the first level and enjoyed it. I hope it doesn't get too hard, but from what you've said in this thread it looks like it will lol

I had never seen that cat thing before..., I like it.

I played bowsers fury too for a while and like that as well. gets annoying with bowser showing up every 5 to 10 minutes though.........,

I have like 5 cat shines already....., i don't think this game is gonna be too long. enjoyable none this less. they've got this boomerang mario i've never seen before too. my favourite is the cat mario though.
_gcx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hard is fine if it's a fair level of difficulty.

If it's all artificial difficulty BS (eg. tests of extreme endurance/patience rather than skill) then no thanks lol.
artful_lounger
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Ultimately I'm playing games ostensibly to have fun, so while some level of challenge is necessary to achieve that (otherwise it'd just be boring), excess difficulty is not fun and defeats the purpose of the activity in my opinion. If I wanted to do something difficult, unenjoyable, and as a result requiring repeated tedious attempts, solely for the sake of proving I did/can do it, I would just go exercise or something...

Then again I play League of Legends so who am I to cast aspersions?
Last edited by artful_lounger; 3 weeks ago
Kallisto
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by _gcx)
Hard is fine if it's a fair level of difficulty.

If it's all artificial difficulty BS (eg. tests of extreme endurance/patience rather than skill) then no thanks lol.
Exactly my thoughts! in my opinion difficulty is artificial, if the progress in a game based almost on a coincidence and no skills. Attacking by enemies around you with no spots to dodge is such a thing. Or an exaggerated one hit death by a soft touch of an object or enemies with no check points too!
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Tbh I grind for the achievements. This involves playing at all difficulty levels. I aim to get every single achievement possible.
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by ANM775)
I have it, it leaked early

and I couldn't resist it

I had a play of the first level and enjoyed it. I hope it doesn't get too hard, but from what you've said in this thread it looks like it will lol

I had never seen that cat thing before..., I like it.

I played bowsers fury too for a while and like that as well. gets annoying with bowser showing up every 5 to 10 minutes though.........,

I have like 5 cat shines already....., i don't think this game is gonna be too long. enjoyable none this less. they've got this boomerang mario i've never seen before too. my favourite is the cat mario though.

Having played a bit more now, I'd say both Super Mario 3D World and Bowsers Fury are like a 9/10

I rarely give games 9 or above, so this game imo is definitely "up there"

Regarding hard games .. I was finding Super Mario U Deluxe on switch too hard, and then decided to play as toad, and it dropped the difficulty level considerably, but it was still challenging imo ....and i passed the part i was stuck on. (some dungeon with larva, and moving ledges which are slippery meaning it's hard not to fall off once you land the friggen jumps)

I feel like a bit of a wuss for having to play as toad, but on the other hand it's good that they put that option in there ...as the game was starting to frustrate me trying to pass that level as mario
Qxi.xli
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It depends, but games are only fun if you win sometimes.
MiladA
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Oh do I have a bullsh*t game for you.
Attachment 995492
(Seriously, Crash 4 is too bullsh*t even for me. I don't particularly like this one.)
Omg trust meee. I finished the game a couple of days after release but omg was it frickin annoying like any other Crash game. At least they got rid of the lives system in this one.
Kallisto
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Qxi.xli)
It depends, but games are only fun if you win sometimes.
The rate of loss and win has to be balanced to be the ideal difficulty level. If I win or loose the way too often, the game gets boring.
Qxi.xli
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Kallisto)
The rate of loss and win has to be balanced to be the ideal difficulty level. If I win or loose the way too often, the game gets boring.
Yeah exactly
Kallisto
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yeah exactly
And to prevent that the wins and loss get to easy, a selectable difficulty level is best, if the most difficullt level is not too easy.
Qxi.xli
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Kallisto)
And to prevent that the wins and loss get to easy, a selectable difficulty level is best, if the most difficullt level is not too easy.
Yeahhh
Spoiler:
Show
To be completely honest I don't even play games lol idk why I'm on this thread😭
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
To be completely honest I don't even play games lol idk why I'm on this thread😭
Because games are like a magnet for guys.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (63)
12.26%
Virtual campus tours/open days (120)
23.35%
Live streaming events (46)
8.95%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (50)
9.73%
A uni comparison tool (120)
23.35%
An in-person event when available (115)
22.37%