The Student Room Group

Advice on being productive with online school

I’m really struggling to be productive ‘after schools’ having sat in the same space doing online lessons. When we could physically go to school, I’d get some work done after school but now I just feel drained out by the end of the day. How do you stay productive at the end of the day? I’m in year 13 and I just don’t know what I’m doing especially with the uncertainty.
Maybe try and create a separate space to do work after school and online school? Have separate rooms if possible. Maybe go out for a walk and get a snack after finishing online school before you settle down to do work. This will help clear your head and simulate leaving your lesson, moving around coming home, and then working again. Write yourself a list of things to do and reward yourself when you do something. Take time to relax where possible aswell.
have a long break - like at least half an hour. if you can't change where you work, go for a walk or do some quick exercise and get a snack or a drink. you could even think about changing clothes - might be a bit extreme though

I use this app called session which is basically a pomodoro timer and I find it really helpful to keep me on task. I always try and avoid doing work after dinner as well

Also don't try to do too much - im in yr 13 too and I know everything counts but realistically taking a day or two off each week won't hurt your grade and will probably make it better as you're not burnt out

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending