The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Do you need to have a phd to become a professor/ lecturer at a medical school? (e.g at oxbridge)?
Reply 2
Do every cambridge college do every postgraduate (PG) course? How do I find out what cambridge college does what PG course?

I personally want to know if Trinity college cambridge does Mphil in basic and translational neuroscience?
(edited 3 years ago)
I'm also an honorary clinical lecturer. I also don't have a PhD...

(And I have no idea about your specific Trinity College question, but surely that's something you could easily answer by googling or emailing the college?)
Lecturer no (and its also of note you can give lectures without being a lecturer).

Professor, surely you need a PhD. Its a senior academic title.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 5
What is the benefits/point of doing a degree in medical education?/ I dont understand
Original post by wyann LT
What is the benefits/point of doing a degree in medical education?/ I dont understand

As doctors, we are all teachers. Every day I teach medical students, junior members of my team and other members of the team. I’m also currently supervising an MDT colleague doing their non-medical prescribing. However despite this we never get any formal teaching on how to be educators. For people who have a particular interest in medical education, a qualification in Med Ed is a useful way of gaining appropriate training, as well as potentially being useful for the CV when applying for consultant jobs, if you wish to sell yourself as education being one of your skills / interests.
Reply 7
so i'm currently doing a three year course in radiography at sgul. after completing that i would probably go work in the hospital but would i be able to work as a clinical lecturer, because i heard its a mix of both teaching and hospital work? what other requirements would i have to fulfill to become a lecturer because i don't really want to do a phd

Latest

Trending

Trending