The Student Room Group

Final year doing poorly ! HELP!!

I’m in my final year of biomedicine and I’m not doing very well .
In my past 3 assignments I got 62 64 and 65. My exams went terribly and I broke down and cried throughout my second 48h exam... I’m scared that they will pull me down as my coursework wasn’t very high to begin with .
I have my dissertation to do but I have no clue what I’m doing; I’ve emailed my advisor and scheduled a meeting but I really want/need a 1st class to compensate for my blunder.
Furthermore, the rest of the work seems really daunting to me . I’ve looked at the assignment brief and I have no clue where to start on it .
I got 63 first year and 64 second year but only thanks to the safety net ! I know lecturers cannot look over coursework but I don’t know how else I can ensure I’m on the right track !
Does anyone have any tips or tricks for getting 1st classes in assignments?
Original post by Anonymous
I’m in my final year of biomedicine and I’m not doing very well .
In my past 3 assignments I got 62 64 and 65. My exams went terribly and I broke down and cried throughout my second 48h exam... I’m scared that they will pull me down as my coursework wasn’t very high to begin with .
I have my dissertation to do but I have no clue what I’m doing; I’ve emailed my advisor and scheduled a meeting but I really want/need a 1st class to compensate for my blunder.
Furthermore, the rest of the work seems really daunting to me . I’ve looked at the assignment brief and I have no clue where to start on it .
I got 63 first year and 64 second year but only thanks to the safety net ! I know lecturers cannot look over coursework but I don’t know how else I can ensure I’m on the right track !
Does anyone have any tips or tricks for getting 1st classes in assignments?

Hey please calm down, you still got 2:1's in your past 3 assignments which are still excellent! I'm a 2nd year and I've heard 3rd year is obviously the hardest because it's the penultimate year and the culmination of your entire degree experience, so to get 2:1's at this stage is still really good. If you don't know where to start with the assignment brief , see if you can book a 1 to 1 appointment with your tutor, I'm sure they would be happy to help and guide you in the right direction. You seem like the sort of person that prefers coursework over exams and I'm exactly the same. Remember at the end of the day, your Uni wants you to succeed so they will weight your marks in whichever way gives you the best possible grade so try not to worry about that.

In regards to getting 1st classes in assignments, make sure you give yourself enough time to plan by researching around the topic pay attention to the key words in the question so you can find some really good sources. It helped me to jot down ideas on a mind map before starting to type them out. Also make sure that your spelling and grammar is spot-on, don't just rely on spell check on word cause it sometimes misses things out, simple spelling mistakes could sometimes be the difference between a 1st and 2:1. Tutors also like to see critical writing and synthesis where you talk about what someone else has said and then try to offer your own opinion on it. Do you agree/disagree with it? Why? What did someone else say that goes against this? Hope I helped in someway, good luck you got this! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending