Is 5'7 too short for a guy?

Watch
Snazzy12341
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm 5'7, when I stand next to my boys they all are taller than me and sometimes I feel like a hobbit.

I developed really earlier growing up. I was basically 5'7 since the age of 13 but I never managed to grow since then. Maybe it's because I never slept before midnight during the entirety of my teenage years, idk.

I have never heard anyone making fun of me for my height, although there is one guy who's around my height who constantly gets teased a lot and had girls told him that he is too short and be like 'ew'.

So I am wondering, what height do you prefer guys to be? Would you consider 5'7 short? Should I wear insoles in order to compensate for my lack of height? What is your ideal height for a man?
Study_Master
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
tbh depends on where you live. Where I live for example 5'7 which is about 1.7m is average height of men. Im 5'8 personally
CatGentleman
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
For some women, it might very well be short. I'm 5'8'' and I've seen quite a few personal ads which specify they won't consider anyone below 6'. I dunno why 6ft is the sweet spot tbh. Like, what if they're 5'11'', is that such a huge difference that you'd rather not even get to know someone?

Anyway, don't wear soles, that sounds desperate and fake. For girls who're short, 5'7'' is probably gonna be ok. If it's not, good. It's literally the stupidest dealbreaker I can imagine.
BluMoon06
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
no thats the perfect height for me. tbh i am small but if youre bothered just find someone smaller lol
AestheticStudying
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
For me any height is fine - I don't judge height or weight or looks just personality. If u have a really nice and sweet personality then height doesn't matter at all to me what matters is that the person loves me for who I am.
Your height is perfect and doesn't let anyone tell u different. People say I'm short (I'm 5"5 age 14) but I don't let that get in my way cus my height doesn't matter end of day all I want is just a positive day and to not worry about what others think of me.
BluMoon06
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 𝔸𝕤𝕡𝕖𝕟 𝔸𝕦𝕣𝕖𝕝𝕚𝕒)
For me any height is fine - I don't judge height or weight or looks just personality. If u have a really nice and sweet personality then height doesn't matter at all to me what matters is that the person loves me for who I am.
Your height is perfect and doesn't let anyone tell u different. People say I'm short (I'm 5"5 age 14) but I don't let that get in my way cus my height doesn't matter end of day all I want is just a positive day and to not worry about what others think of me.
that is such a true post
also if youre short, what am i? a hobbit? im 5" and 14 lol
AestheticStudying
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by BluMoon06)
that is such a true post
also if youre short, what am i? a hobbit? im 5" and 14 lol
hehe
ooof ur, not a hobbit (although being a hobbit in the lord of the rings would be fun...)
My friend is 5" and she's 16 and I don't think she's a hobbit (even tho she do be obsessed with lord of the rings...)
Personally, I think being 5" is a nice height - i remember when i was 5" - everyone used to call me cute now I'm just weird looking lol
ifreakingloveme
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
it actually depends. usually, 5′7 (and anything below 6′0) most of the time is going to be too short to come off tough, intimidating, masculine, or bad-ass most of the time. however, is 5′7″ too short to lead a successful life, work a job you enjoy, be intelligent, be a decent and caring person, travel the world, have a family that loves you, and be happy? definitely not.
I mean, personally, I'd like to date a taller guy since I'm 5'7, but it doesn't really matter. at the end of the day, it all boils down to one's personality. if you exhibit traits of *ssholiness, and you're as tall as Michael b Jordan, most girls won't even give you a second glance lol.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling being back in school?

Happy (44)
23.04%
Unhappy (54)
28.27%
Conflicted (93)
48.69%

Watched Threads