The Student Room Group

Access course to nursing

Hello
I am looking forward to start my access course to nursing with any online learning centers. Right one i have learn direct and distance learning centre in my mind. But i am in a delima which one to choose.could you please share your experience with any of those learning centre if you have ever enroll to them or heard anything about them. I have seen lots of mixed reviews.many thanks
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 1
Hiya, I also really struggled to choose where to do my distance learning course when I was choosing! I'm currently doing a biology access course with AOLL (Academy Online Learning) and can really recommend them - I'm about half way through now. They help with applying to uni too and i already have a conditional offer somewhere (to study physio). I've heard distance learning centre is good.
I've heard really bad things about learn direct and I don't think the reviews are very good so if I were you I'd probs avoid studying with them.

Good luck!
Reply 2
Hello @bngreg
Thank you for the reply i will have a look on AOLL and decide which one to go with. I have seen positive review on distance learning center so i might go with this.and how is the access course going on? Are you getting all the supports you need so far?
Good luck to you
Reply 3
Original post by Roshani01
Hello @bngreg
Thank you for the reply i will have a look on AOLL and decide which one to go with. I have seen positive review on distance learning center so i might go with this.and how is the access course going on? Are you getting all the supports you need so far?
Good luck to you

It's going well thank you - it is quite intense especially if like me you haven't done any biology since you were 16! The support is really good. You have an allocated tutor who is there if you need them, very helpful and gets back to you really quickly with questions. However it does involve a lot of self study and a lot of your own research. I personally really enjoy this - I love doing my own research and shaping how my study time looks, but I know that is a struggle for some people, but in my opinion this is a great way to prepare for how you actually work at uni.
Good luck to you too :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by bngreg
It's going well thank you - it is quite intense especially if like me you haven't done any biology since you were 16! The support is really good. You have an allocated tutor who is there if you need them, very helpful and gets back to you really quickly with questions. However it does involve a lot of self study and a lot of your own research. I personally really enjoy this - I love doing my own research and shaping how my study time looks, but I know that is a struggle for some people, but in my opinion this is a great way to prepare for how you actually work at uni.
Good luck to you too :smile:

Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest